1 4

14. fourteen

To say he got an ear full was an understatement. His father used his business stiff tone with him like usual. Adrien didn't even listen to half of what his dad said during the video call. It all blurred and sounded the same. He could tell his dad was upset that he totally bailed school, but it wasn't his fault. It was the fact that Gabriel Agreste was literally working his only son to the bone. When he told his dad he was going to attend public school for the first time he expected it to be a lot different then what it ended up being. Constant ridicule and never being able to miss a single day... Adrien didn't understand his father.

He was beyond angry by the time the voice call ended. He had to bite his tongue so awful things didn't come spewing out. It was entirely a one-sided conversation. The only thing Adrien even contibuted was "Yes sir.", "No sir.", and "It won't happen again, sir." He hated the way his father was treating him. He screamed into his pillow and collapsed onto his bed.

anon: tell me how it goes. good luck.

The message only edged away the madness that was creeping up on his mind. He had to talk to someone or he was going to explode.

adrien: can I call you?

anon: adrien...

adrien: you don't even have to talk. I'm just shaking because of how upset I am and I can't think properly and I just don't think I can text it all.

adrien: princess please.

He waited for a response. A knock at his door tore him away from his thoughts. Nathalie stood there with a teacup in her hands. "It's earl grey..." it was the tea that anon had bought him. He took it graciously but didn't have the energy to smile at her. He closed the door when the warm tea cup began to warm his hands. He put the cream mug on his nightstand and he then checked his phone.

anon: okay...

anon: so you're not talking to empty air I'll knock twice for yes and once for no.

anon: and just so you know I don't do this for just anyone.

The tea soothed his nerves and his throat. He hit her contact and called her. The ringing in his ear almost drove him insane but then the line connected. "Anon?" he asked. It sounded like a whisper. He was answered by two swift knocks. He wanted to smile but he was just so upset.

Her silence only urged him.

"You know I missed school yesterday and it was because of the stupid headache I had. Ever since I made my father cancel that one photoshoot he's been on my back, constantly pushing me into new activities and events and it feels never ending." Once he started he couldn't stop. He went on and on. Talking about what his father said and how he acted toward his son. He sighed "I'm so tired and I'm so unhappy." his voice broke and he heard a little gasp from the other side of the phone. It was cute to say the least. She knocked twice he imagine her saying. 'Yes, continue. Let it all out pretty boy.'

"God you're so cute, you make me forget how upset I always am." He mumbled not quite sure if she heard it. She knocked once. It was kinda shaky and he could have swore he heard another little gasp. He didn't understand why she knocked no but knew if he asked he wouldn't get a response. He laid on his back and he put his forearm over his forehead and closed his eyes imagining he was with her. He didn't realize how quiet he had become or how much time passed. "Are you still there?" there was two knocks and he blushed.

He talked a little more and felt much better. "Talking to you brightens my day. You're my best friend. I'm wrapped around your finger, you know? I wait for your texts..." he trailed off. "I have to go princess." he sighed. He wished she would actually talk to him. Three knocks came and then the call ended. She had hung up on him but he was confused. He didn't know what three knocks meant.

adrien: if one knock means no and two means yes... what does three mean?

He took his phone with him as he made his way to the bathroom. He wanted a shower. He always took showers when he was upset. He brushed his hair before sliding off his shirt. His phone suddenly dinged and he picked it up and smiled.

anon: it means I adore you.

He blushed before typing a reply.

adrien: I adore you so much more princess.

++++
there you have it. imagine shirtless Adrien Agreste.
just made my day, praise the walls.