1 5

15. fifteen

He combed through his blond hair with his fingers on Monday morning. He walked into class feeling happier than usual. That was because he knew now that he had a hardcore crush anon. It was so good to finally get that off his chest. Nino sat his chair leaning as he looked over pages with Alya and Nathanaël. It was Marinette's desk yet she was no where to be seen. He set down his bag as he suddenly leaned close to his other best friend, Nino. "Where's Marinette?" he asked under his breath.

His friend only tilted his head before whispering back. "Out dude. Alya said something about exhaustion. Nathanaël is just showing us the superhero comic he and Marinette have been working on."

Adrien was confused and he flipped his chair so he could get in on the conversation. Nathanaël was showing Alya sketches and panels but for some reason it made his mind buzz with familiarity. "So this is why you've been stealing my best friend every chance you get!" Alya grinned as she turned through the pages.

He only blushed. "Sorry about that... It was all Marinette's idea. She just asked me to collaborate because she thought it would flourish in the comic media... Once she told me the idea I absolutely fell in love with it and couldn't stop drawing." Nathanaël said as he pointed to a few rough sketches. "That's Ladybug, Marinette chose her color scheme at the library and then the name. I based Bridgette off of her." Color scheme? Library? Comic? Superheroes? Collaborative Piece?

Everything fit together like a puzzle.

Adrien almost passed out. Almost fell out of his chair as all the pieces finally clicked to form one big picture.

He was blind to not see it sooner.

One of anon's first texts to him said 'your best friend's out too?' she had to have know Nino was out on a date with Alya, who was Marinette's best friend.

Marinette had tripped behind him when he said anon was his sunshine. Anon then texted him that his smile was sunshine. He gave Marinette a real smile when he helped her up. Anon also said 'hello and I'm sorry.' before. He remember the familiarity once he read it because he heard Marinette use that irony when he helped her up. "Sorry and thank you."

Marinette offered to save him a seat at the movies when he said he was waiting for a friend, like she somehow knew he technically wasn't meeting anyone. He sat right next to her which was the first things she said about meeting at the movies 'besides you could possibly sit next to me and not know it' and then later said they sat closer than he thought.

Marinette did like pink and she wanted to be a fashion designer and now with what Nathanaël's showing, she wants to be a author too. The collaborative piece that she was working on was the comic with Nathanaël and it was about superheroes. The way she said that bakery goods tasted like home to her was because she lived above and owned a bakery. Anon said her best friend was witty and always knew what to say, that fit Alya for sure.

Plus bring tea to someone who was sick sounded like something she would do.

He couldn't breathe.

"Hey... Why does Félix and Cat Noir kinda look like Adrien?" Nino asked as he held up a sketch to his best friend's face. Adrien had so many other things to work out then care about if Marinette's fictional character looked like him. He was pretty sure he knew who anon was!

"That's why I'm here..." Nathanaël said shyly. "I used Adrien as a model for Marinette's character Félix because the way she wrote I could only think of you for Bridgette." Nathanaël blushed. "Of course so many things are different but I was just going to check with you before we send it to the publishers we've been in contact with... Is it okay?"

"Yeah." He said slowly. His mind was in a haze as Nathanaël thanked him profusely and then head back to his seat.

"What's up with you?" Alya asked.

"I finally figured out who my princess was after all this time..." Adrien mumbled trying to piece more of it together.

The wax paper on the tea box, he knew it was for baking. The pink bow. She was basically giving him hints from the beginning. He knew anon went to his school but he didn't realize she was in his class, he remembered what Nathalie had said that a classmate brought it. He groaned inwardly at how blind he was.

Nino waved a hand in front of his best friend's face. "Adrien?" he paused. "Dude, does this have something to do with anon?" Adrien was snapped out of his daze by the name.

"Yes." he couldn't form a complete thought because the girl who had been texting him anonymously was just sitting behind him the whole time.