0 8

8. eight

adrien: can I get to know you more?

School had just got out an hour before and his homework gave him no trouble. Ten minutes passed and usually anon would have texted back by now. He spun in his computer chair waiting for a response. When his phone buzzed his smile faltered. It was only Nino.
He responded back to his friend but wondered when anon would text back.

He looked back and read their old messages. She didn't send her usually good morning text today either.

adrien: did I do something wrong?

adrien: should I not ask about you?

adrien: I would just like to get to know you.

adrien: I'm worried about you.

He sighed and threw his phone on his bed. He had a photoshoot so he began to get ready. He left his phone at home and hoped that once he got back that he would have gotten a reply. For some reason he doubted he would. Anon hadn't acted like herself last night.

He gave a meek wave to his driver when he arrived at the shoot. His photographer posed him and tried to extract some emotions from him but nothing worked. The shoot was cancelled because of Adrien which meant he would definitely hear from his father.

Adrien was waiting to be picked up and he was feel worse than usual. Last time he felt like this it had been the day anon had texted him. He was dying to hear from her. "Adrien you're off your game today." his photographer sat down with him. Adrien nodded. He couldn't agree more. "Is it because of a girl?" at his photographer's words he actually laughed.

"You could say that." he stood up when his car pulled around. He waved goodbye and slammed the door shut behind him. He was angry. He just wasn't sure if he was mad at anon or at himself. When he got home anon still hadn't answered. He sighed and clenched his fist.

adrien: you said that you wouldn't leave without a goodbye.

adrien: if you want to leave me anon I expect a goodbye.

He waited until it sent and brushed his teeth. He made his gums bleed with his angry brushing. He was sad too. He didn't want a goodbye. He changed into something comfy and felt his heart sink when he saw anon still hadn't answered him. Maybe he was overthinking. He was just freaking himself out. He had a hard time falling asleep but he soon fell victim to a restless dream.

His phone dinged twice. He had his ringer on in case anon texted. It woke him up and he reached for his phone hesitantly, not wanting to see a goodbye text. What he got was better than anything anon had ever sent to him. He smiled and read the texts over and over. He fell back on to his pillow feeling better again.

anon: I was trying to convince myself that I didn't wake up every morning to text you. I challenged myself to not text you for twenty-four hours. as you can clearly see I failed. I'm texting you right now. not my fault though, you were making it increasingly hard for me with your dumb texts. dumb pretty boy with dumb texts. I would never leave you. stop worrying so much adrien. you're stuck with me even if you don't want me. but I'm glad to see that you depend on me the way I do to you. next time I need to prove myself I'll tell you about it in advance.

anon: hello and I'm sorry.