0 6

6. six

He began to look forward to texts from anon. If he wasn't doing that already. Talking to anon became part of his daily routine. Friday night came around and Nino was taking Alya to the movies so he was left doing his geography homework when he could have been doing normal teenage things.

anon: want to see a movie together?

He dropped his pencil. He was so shocked that homework slipped his mind and he began to type furiously on the keyboard.

adrien: do you mean I actually get to see you?

He was so giddy that he began slipping on his shoes. He texted his dad's assistant to bring the car around. He was going to finally meet anon!

anon: technically. I'll be another nameless face in the crowd of people at the opening show. we won't be meeting just yet.

anon: a girls gotta keep some mystery.

anon: that's what keeps them coming back for more.

He stopped tying his shoe, his heart suddenly sinking.

adrien: so I won't get to meet you?

anon: not today at least.

anon: besides you could possibly sit next to me and not know it. or I could be rows upon rows back. or just three seats away...

anon: isn't it exciting?

He had to admit it kinda was.

adrien: so should I buy the popcorn?

anon: oh you wish.

He put on his favorite blue scarf and walked down the stairs. His wallet was in his pocket with his phone. He didn't bother to tell his father he was leaving, he didn't see a need to.

Nathalie wasn't happy about it but still let him go. He was going to see a movie with a girl. Anon. He was so happy that he found himself staring out the window. Anon texted him the movie title with a smiley face. He kept telling himself it wasn't a date but his heart just didn't agree.

He was dropped off and he waved to his driver. He had been doing that a lot lately. He was waiting outside and looking at everyone who passed. Anon was there, here to be exact. He was just so giddy. He saw his classmates who were coming to the first showing of the movie. Everyone was there so anon probably blended in perfectly. His eyes fell on Marinette. She wore something different from what she usually wore. Dark jeans, a light shirt, and a grey cardigan. She looked so elegant in the dim light. He found himself walking to her, his girl with a clumsy smile.
She was looking inside and she didn't notice him at first but when she did she jumped. "Oh hi Adrien!" she smiled at him. "Fancy meeting you here, isn't it?" she grinned and he couldn't help but blush.

"Yeah." he stuttered. He mentally hit himself and told his mind that anon would definitely make fun of him for messing up. "I'm seeing a friend here tonight, what about you? And why are you waiting outside?" he tried to gain his composure.

Marinette sighed. "Alya asked me to come along to make sure she doesn't do anything stupid on this date with Nino and I can't be seen and for some reason the line for popcorn that they're waiting in is really really long." she casted her gaze down before meeting his again. She grinned and looked back into the window. "Looks like Nino and Alya are heading inside. Finally! I was getting cold." she turned to him and smiled a real smile. "If your friend doesn't show then you can come sit with me. I'll save you a seat just in case." she crossed her fingers and headed inside. He stayed out for another five minutes before the brisk November air made his cheeks cold and his nose run. He headed inside after he bought his ticket in search of Marinette. He didn't want to sit alone anyway. He hoped anon wouldn't mind.

True to her word Marinette saved him a seat. She was a few rows behind Alya and when he made it down the row with much difficulty and sat down next to her she gave him a real smile. It was much prettier then the smiles she gave to everyone. She was watching the trailers carefully and offered him cookies without even looking at him. "I brought my own snacks and I don't mind sharing." she whispered. He took some graciously and smiled at her. She blushed and he turned to watch the movie. Anon was sitting in the same crowd as him, the same room as him. He was happy, truly happy. He was seeing this movie with his friends. He reached inside the bag and his hand met Marinette's they both blushed. Anon slipped his mind for a minute or two. Going to the movie with her wasn't such a bad idea after all.