1 0

10. ten

"So..." His father was stiff and formal. The chairs were uncomfortable and the air was caught in his lungs. He pressed his phone to his thigh harder like anon would support through his phone. He hated being called into his father's office.

"So..." he responded back. His palms began to sweat and he couldn't look his father in the eyes. His father did not seem to like his response as his cold gaze intensified into an almost glare. Adrien flinched.

"You made me cancel a photoshoot because you were upset over a girl?" All the air left Adrien's body as his father said the stern words. He casted his gaze downward. "Adrien, do you know how many things I've had to reschedule because you couldn't keep your emotions in line?" Adrien didn't talk back. He only listened. "Many, many things. Appointments, interviews, photoshoots and practices. All because you couldn't handle yourself." His father folded his hands together and leaned back in his chair. He wanted his dad to console him, to raise his voice even. All he got was distance and cold air.

"It won't happen again sir." His voice was quiet.

"That's what I want to hear. Now go to your room, there's a photoshoot later. Nathalie will get you when the time comes." It was his father telling him to get out of his sight.

He quietly left the room and exhaled and breath he didn't know he was holding. It was times like this when anon totally slipped his mind and he would do anything to see Marinette's smile.