1 6

16. sixteen

The hours of school passed by painfully slow. All he could think about was Marinette.

Marinette was anon.

Everything began to make sense and you couldn't believe how blind he had been. He was always blind when it came to these sort of things. He sighed once school ended. Alya had been oddly quiet ever since Nino had mentioned anon. Which meant she knew and he didn't want to stick around to find out if his best friend told her or anon herself. Somehow he knew it was the later. He had to admit he was somewhat relieved to find out anon was Marinette, he was sure it was because he also had a small crush on Marinette.

He was in the car after directing the driver to the nearest store, only thinking about Marinette. He wanted to buy earl grey tea and bring it to Marinette, to confirm his suspicion. He also had wanted to bring her notes and maybe talk to her about it.

He suddenly remembered what he had jokingly asked when he looked at the window. He had asked anon if she had a crush on him. She said yes quickly. He suddenly felt heat rising in his cheeks. He was glad it was Marinette. Gorilla, his driver, ran into the store for him. He waited in the car and thought of what he could text anon. He pulled up their conversation but was too nervous to even think straight.

anon: hope you didn't miss me too much ;)

God he was so scared as he imagined Marinette on the other side of the phone. He was blushing so hard again. He patted his cheeks in order to calm himself down.

adrien: more than you imagined princess.

He tried to act like he usually did but for some reason the way he imagined Marinette blush when he called her princess was too much for him and he felt like he couldn't breathe. His driver threw the tea at him from the side and smiled. Adrien caught it expertly with his own smile. Adrien told his driver where he wanted to go. The Dupain-Cheng bakery. He wrote anon a note.

cheer up princess!! I hope you feel better. get well soon!! :)
adrien.

The bakery wasn't crowded and it smelled sweet once he entered. Soft swells of coffee and cookies met his nose and created a symphony of flavors and scents. Tom greeted him with a smile. "Welcome son! How are you today?"

Adrien smiled in response and handed Tom the plastic bag with tea and his notes. "Be sure to give this to Marinette for me." Tom took the bag in his large hands.

"Thank you! She'll appreciate it. She's been so exhausted these past few weeks but she stayed up late night to finish her comic last night. It turned out brilliant." Tom suddenly gave Adrien a chocolate croissant.

"I'm sure it did. Marinette always is brilliant and everything she produces turns out and is special." Adrien happily accepted the treat. "Tell her I missed her at school today." he shook her father's hand once last time before he left the bakery. On his way back to the mansion he changed her name to princess, like it was the end of an era. It was the end of anon.

princess: we need to talk.

princess: we need to finally meet.