Chapter 9: A Dream? Or A Nightmare?

Karma's P. O. V.

I groaned and rubbed my head as I awoke from my slumber. I yawned and pushed the blankets off my bed. I groggily walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, barely even opening my eyes to do so.

I blinked several times to wake myself up and stretched my arms. I looked into the mirror and saw my usual bed hair that was spread in every direction.

I glanced at my calendar to see that today was Saturday, meaning I didn't have to go to class. I yawned once again and exited my room, not bothering to change out of my pajamas.

I opened the cabinet in the kitchen and took out a bowl and some cereal. I added milk and my breakfast was complete. I eagerly took a spoonful of the cereal and put it in my mouth.

But, almost instantly, I was able to taste something else. Something foreign to me. And definitely not what Lucky Charms was supposed to taste like.

I moaned as the taste went down to my stomach, filling it with a nauseous feeling.

"Ugh," I clutched my stomach in pain and stumbled out of my chair, making it fall to the ground.

What is this feeling? What's going on?

I widened my eyes when I was suddenly in another place. I wasn't wearing my pajamas anymore and the kitchen table that sat in front of me disappeared.

Instead, I was in class. I was in my uniform and I watched as Koro-sensei lectured us about some book. I could see my fellow classmates taking notes but I couldn't hear anyone speaking.

I looked around. It seemed normal.

My eyes fell upon a particular blue-haired boy and a sense of relief filled my bones.

Relief?

Why was I relieved?

I didn't understand it but I felt a need to protect him. But, from what?

Why did I feel like something bad was going to happen? Why did I feel like something bad had already happened? Just what the hell was going on?

I didn't even notice that the pain in my stomach had disappeared when I was transported to yet another place.

I looked around to see Nagisa with his mom, arguing about something. I wasn't at school, so that meant that I was at his house?

But why? Questions were swarming in my head, colliding with one another.

I looked back at Nagisa to see tears rolling down his face. His mother stood in front of him, a fistful of his hair in her hand.

"S-stop!" I heard him cry out and I widened my eyes.

Suddenly, the image changed and I saw Nagisa being held by a man in full white, a hand around his neck.

It went back to his mother, then the man, his mother, the man, over and over until the images burned into my mind.

What was going on?? The question swarmed around my mind but the answer wouldn't come.

Next, I was in a hospital room. It looked familiar, as if I had been there before but I couldn't remember when.

"Karma-kun," the voice I knew that belonged to Nagisa filled the small room. I looked around but no one was there. The bed was empty but the blankets were messy as if someone was trying to leave in a hurry.

The light on the ceiling flickered dangerously, signalizing it was going to burn out soon.

"Karma-kun," He repeated, this time with more force.