Chapter 10: Drifting

Kayano's P. O. V.

I saw them walk away. Nagisa was on Karma's back, following Karasuma-sensei to an empty space.

I wanted to call out to them, to tell them that I wanted to come too. But my voice couldn't find its way out.

I saw Karasuma-sensei push a pressure point on Karma's neck, making him fall forward, Nagisa still secure in his arms.

A helicopter landed down on the ground and my teacher proceeded to bring his two students inside.

I struggled to get up, urging my legs to gain strength but I couldn't.

Before I knew it, the helicopter containing my precious friend had already taken off, flying into the air to an unknown location.

Another helicopter had landed in the back alley and I began to wonder just how big this space was to be able to fit such a large means of transportation.

But I didn't have a lot of time to think about it when a large yellow tentacle wrapped around my torso, lifting me up in to the air and into the newly arrived helicopter.

No, I wanted to speak, let me go with him.

Let me go with Nagisa.

Koro-sensei brought my other classmates into the helicopter and I watched as he secured each of them before going on to the next.

My eyes drooped and unconsciousness made it's way to my mind and soul.

And, soon, I was drifting away in the darkness of my mind.

----------

Karma's P. O. V.

"Did good on what? You need to explain what the hell is going on around here." I frowned, folding my arms.

Karasuma-sensei nodded his head once again. "Very well. I owe you that much at the very least."

"Uh, yeah." I said. "You do."

He let out a loud sigh, as if prepping himself for a long lecture.

I had to avoid sighing myself so I didn't sound like I was tired.

"I'll start with Nagisa, then." He began to speak and from the the moment he said Nagisa's name, I was on alert.

"You are aware that he was injected with a strange substance, correct?"

I nodded.

"That was a substance similar to what was used to create the tentacles that Kayano and Itona had. We believe Shiro injected him with it. "

I narrowed my eyes. Then why did he inject it into Nagisa?

"But, it is a different substance. It makes the subject like a blank slate. Something that would be capable to manipulate at ease."

"A blank slate? Manipulate?" I questioned.

"Yes. That was why Nagisa lost his memory." Karasuma-sensei explained.

"But, he remembered me." I countered, leaning over the bedpost to create support for my weakening knees.

"We believe it is because-"

"Wait. 'We'?" I interrupted.

"Yes, I am working on it with a handful of trusted agents from my department." He answered.

I wanted to pry more out of him but a throbbing headache was already forming in my head. If I spent too much time on this topic, I wouldn't be able to concentrate on the others.