Chapter 13: Perfect

Shiro's P. O. V.

"After all," The subject spoke, "I am an assassin."

I couldn't help but grin. It had worked. After months of experiments, it had finally worked.

He was always the best subject, he just hid his bloodlust so well it seemed like he was a little angel.

Unlike, the redhead, Karma.

He was my first choice from that strange classroom the monster had created for himself.

He was an outcast, a boy who beat up people for fun. What better subject than that?

But, things didn't go as planned. I never expected him to have that kind of reaction to it.

I gazed through the shadows of the trees as my eyes spotted the boy who had ditched class once again.

He was jumping from tree to tree with surprisingly well agility for a teenager. A grin was plastered over his face, as if he was enjoying himself.

He didn't make a sound as his feet landed on the branches and as the leaves silently fell to the ground.

I smirked. He hid his presence; you wouldn't notice it until it was too late.

He was a perfect test subject.

I followed the boy with the name of Karma as he maneuvered cleverly around the forest. It was clear this was his home turf.

After a few minutes, Karma decided to take a break, resting upon a large tree with his hands behind his head.

He was so vulnerable that it was funny. He always had his guard up, that I knew. After all, I had been observing him for a while.

He took my attention when I had brought Itona to that classroom. Too bad that boy failed. I had high hopes for him.

I made my way behind the unsuspecting boy, knife in my hand.

He yawned and stretched his arms and I took that as my opportunity to strike.

As fast as wind, I jumped him, piercing his skin with my blade.

He winced and jumped back, taking a hold of his injured arm and focusing his eyes on me.

I felt like laughing. That reaction was great. He didn't scream or shout for help. He decided to take care of it himself, in a split second. He also guarded his arm from future, possible attacks. Not only that, he struck a defensive pose with his legs bent slightly and his head in a ready position.

He was calm. His calming bloodlust was great. It was perfect.

I narrowed my eyes.

But, he wasn't reacting to the poison on the knife. It should have entered his bloodstream already from the cut I had made.

"Why are you here?" He found his voice and gave me a threatening gaze.

"Just a test." I responded, hoping to see how he would react.

"Oho, now you're a teacher?" Sarcasm filled the air and my eyes glistened.

Oh, he was perfect. He was lightening the mood and atmosphere for the time when he would strike and knock out his opponent. It was a skill set absolutely fitting for an assassin.

Then, Karma's pupils retracted and he bit his lip to stop himself from shouting. The grip on his cut arm tightened and my smirk only grew.

He was reacting. The poison substance was taking effect. If it didn't wipe his memory and create the new ones I needed, it would likely kill him. Either way is a win for me.

The redhead dropped to his knees and I observed him with a sharp tenacity. His skin was paling and his eyelids were dropping.

His full body went limp and slumped onto the grassy ground, unconsciousness sweeping over his mind.

I left him there and quickly ran back to my lab, making sure not to be seen.

I needed to write everything done before it's lost inside my head.

Perhaps Subject 927 might be a success.

All the odds were in my favor and he was a subject that varied differently from the other nine hundred, despite the age difference.

He was perfect, as I had seen from his responses and actions. Not only did he have a strong brain and mind, he had strength, agility and mischief that belonged to one of a killer.

It seemed that my calculations were wrong. He was even better than I had thought. Unconsciously, he had grown accustomed to illnesses and diseases and the sort. Although the substance was manmade, his body was strong enough to repel and fight against it.

It did work a little. The boy seemed to have forgot the whole incident as a whole and went on living his life like the ignorant brat he was.

But I wasn't going to give up.

Making that deal with that stupid woman was great. She actually believed me when I told her she and her child could live together.

How naive was that?

Once the subject had completed his mission, he was to serve as my servant. I wasn't going to give up such a skilled assassin for him to live peacefully with his mother.

As for the woman, it was the quickest to just kill her. With an attitude and personality like hers, it was likely that no one would miss her. It made sense for her husband to have left her.

Ah, perfection. Such a hard thing to come by and yet, once you had it you would settle for no less.

I will make Subject Kill perfect. Such potential can't go to waste.