Chapter 17: The Penthouse

Aria's POV

My body froze completely as I felt Chris's lips against mine. His hand held my waist as he slowly pulled back. Realization began to settle in his eyes. "I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me-" he started, but this time, it was my turn to take him by surprise and I pulled his head down to me and attached my lips to his. He acted almost immediately, pulling me even closer to him. I could smell his intoxicating cologne in wakes now as the scent sent me into a natural high.

His lips soon graced my bottom lip, asking for entrance to which I gladly gave. A moan involuntarily erupted from my throat as his tongue explored my mouth. His body froze for a second, and I filled with worry. Did I do something wrong? Shit. But my thoughts were quickly put to rest as Chris's hands slid below my ass as lifted me up. My legs wrapped themselves around his torso as he propped me up against the wall nearest to the door.

"Fuck, that was hot." He groaned against my lips, before his lips suddenly attached themselves to my neck. After that, I could no longer control the moans that left my lips as teeth grazed the spot between my neck and shoulder blade. My breathing got heavier as his hands securely cupped my ass. I could definitely feel the hard on he was sporting, against me.

I could also feel a vibration.

And then another.

And then another.

The ringtone to his phone starting going off, but he easily ignored it as his tongue started to swirl circles against my skin. "Y-your phone." I gasped, pulling his lower body flush against me.

"I'll get it later." He mumbled, as he continued to assault my neck.

It c-could be an e-emergency." I stuttered, trying to finally push him away. His body stilled as he thought about it, before pulling out his phone and bringing it to his ear. "Someone better be dying." He gritted into the phone line.

"The storm is freaking Nick out, could you come home?" Pete asked into the other line. Chris glanced down at me, but I was already detaching myself from him. He nodded once before going back to the conversation with Pete.

"I'll be home in 15 minutes. Aria and I will be." He added looking back at me, before hanging up.

"Aria and I?" I asked, my eyebrow arching.

"Oh come on, I don't think you'd pass up the opportunity to see my home and invade my personal space."

I smirked back at him. "You're totally right. Lead the way."

~

We pulled up to an apartment complex a little while later. The place looked really nice, and was within a high end part of Maine. Sort of on the outskirts of Portland. Chris parked and got out, before grabbing a umbrella and coming around to my side. I slipped out, and quickly got under the umbrella with him as he slid his arm around my waist. My body was still on fire from our intimate moment earlier.

We walked quickly, making it to the apartment entrances in record timing. As Chris opened the door for me, and collapsed the umbrella, I took in the sight of the lobby area. The whole scene looked like something out of a movie. The walls were a dark marble and stone that surrounded a wall water fountain that trickled into another bannister wall that most likely concealed a drain.

"Woah." I whispered, as Chris slowly lead me towards the elevator doors.

"Haha, what?" He asked, as we entered the elevator.

"This place is amazing." I whispered, as he entered behind me. The elevator was lit by colorful lights that made it seem like we were in a VIP section of a club or something. I glanced at him skeptically.

"What?" He asked again, a bit nervously this time as my eyes bore into his.

"Are you a mafia boss? Drug dealer? Con artist?"

"None of the above," he chuckled, "I'm an entrepreneur."

"Well that's boring," I whined, "I would have loved to date a Mafia boss."

"Oh, so we're dating now?" He asked, a grin reaching his ears. Before I could answer him, the elevator dinged again and we got out. I expected to see a hallway and doors, but instead, the elevator opened up to a fully finished room. I glanced back between the closing doors and the room before me.

Did I enter Narnia or some shit?

Chris chuckled again, walking in. "This is the penthouse suite, private floor." He explained.

Ha, entrepreneur my ass.

"Chris!" Nick screamed from the couch as he ran toward his daddy. Chris held his arms open, but at the last moment, Nick and I made eye contact. In a fraction of a second, he changed course and ran straight into my legs, wrapping his arms securely around them. I quickly picked him up by his armpits.

"How ya doing, bud." I asked, as his legs dangled freely in the air.

"I'm good." He nodded, trying to wipe away some of the partially dried tears.

"What is this?" Chris asked, his arms still frozen out in front of him as he glanced back between Nick and I.

"I think it's quite clear who Nick loves more." I replied, winking at him as I walked both of us over to the couch. Another strike of thunder echoed through the penthouse and Nick quickly snuggled deeper into me. I could feel fear eat away at the both of us, but I just held him closer.

"I'm swowy." Nick mumbled into my chest.

"It's okay." I whispered into his ear, stroking his back comfortingly. "Can I let you in on a secret?"

After a brief pause, Nick slowly nodded his head.

"I'm afraid of thunder too."

Chris's POV

"Can I let you in on a secret?" Aria whispered to Nick as he hugged her even tight. I tried to remain calm, but I just couldn't stop staring at how beautiful the both of them looked as Aria held him even tighter against her. I could tell she was terrified of the storm, but she held it together for him.

After some time, Nick nodded into her.

"I'm afraid of thunder too." She whispered into his ear. He lifted his head slightly, with his eyes wide.

"Really?" He asked, his voice sounded so small.

"Yeah, really. But you want to know something else?" She asked.

Nick nodded eagerly.

"Sometimes, it's okay to be afraid." She whispered, her smile growing larger.

And with that, Aria extinguished any thoughts that lingered in my mind. My objective was now clear as day.

I had to have her.