Chapter 10 - Solo?!

The Rakuzan High school festival was filled with countless families and outsiders in business suits. The school however had no problem with that. They had numerous gyms and halls set up to showcase the student's talents, each holding over five hundred seats.

Chiharu ran through the corridors of the busy school. One hand clutched a sheet of music, whilst the other held her phone. She wore a simple jumper over some leggings but she felt naked, embarrassed and underdressed in the corridor of business people. Many of her friends, Kisara and Mana included, had turned up in fancy dresses and suits. She, too, was planning on dressing up however Akashi had firmly stated that he would bring the gowns. Apparently he didn't believe in her ability to match clothes.

Her eyebrows creased in fury as she rounded the corridor and jumped down the stairs. Akashi had reminded her not to come late but he was being hypocritical. In the past hour she had searched through the school, asking if anyone had seen Akashi. No one had and any calls she had made to him went straight to his voicemail.

Chiharu stopped outside of the school gates. She looked left and right, searching for any signs of a redhead arriving late in a car. She couldn't find him.

She looked down at the time on her phone.

9:45 am

Their performance was scheduled at 10 am. Apparently the principal wanted the student council to start the first years off in their performance. Since a certain redhead just happened to be not only a first year, but also the student council president, they were up first in the performance. Everyone was looking forward to it. There was no missing it.

She huffed in anxiety. As she ran through the school, many people had stopped and greeted her. They knew that Akashi and she were up first in their performance and they had high expectations. Now that Akashi still hadn't shown up, she would probably have to perform by herself. She wouldn't have the courage to do that.

"Chiharu-channn!" called Kisara, running up to the school gates. "What are you doing? Your performance is about to start. The teachers are calling for Akashi-san and you."

Kisara took one quick look at Chiharu's clothes, shaking her head in disapproval. "You can't be thinking of opening up the performances in those clothes! The teachers would kill you for it! Where is Akashi-san anyways?" she muttered looking around.

"Kisara!" cried Chiharu, her face red and her eyes watery. "Akashi-kun hasn't come and I can't get in contact with him!" She paused hesitantly. "You don't think he would stand me up?" she asked slowly whilst stammering.

Kisara looked up as Chiharu started to cry.

"No!" she exclaimed shocked at Chiharu's unexpected emotions. Chiharu looked up, the tears building up, but not falling.

"Akashi-san would never leave you or any of the people watching, hanging. There is probably a good reason for this," she justified.

Kisara could understand the nerves that Chiharu felt. She, herself, couldn't ever imagine playing the opening performance in front of newspaper reporters, teachers, families and scouts. The pressure was immense.

However, both the teachers and the public had high expectations for the students at Rakuzan high. They wouldn't easily forgive anyone, especially the opening performers' inability to perform. They had already seen Chiharu around the school, so there was no excuse if she didn't show up. It was one of the worse predicaments possible for Chiharu.

Kisara sighed. "The audience is waiting for you," Kisara muttered, unsure on how she should approach this.

Chiharu hesitantly nodded. She also knew the importance of her performing, with or without Akashi. Kisara slowly pulled her back to the school hall.