Chapter 20 - American Influence

It was nearly November; the time for the Winter Cup.

"Momoi, find and hand these permission slips to the basketball players in the club," directed Shirogane-sensei. 

Chiharu read the first words of the pile of papers Shirogane gave her, looking up excitedly to confirm. Shirogane gave her a warm nod. Instantly, Chiharu ran out of the staff room with a pile of papers as well as the names of all basketball players.

Rakuzan high and Yosen high basketball training camp.

...

The Winter Cup was coming up and now more than anything was a good time to spark rivalry between seeded high schools. Since Rakuzan high won the Inter High, they did not need to participate in the Winter Cup Preliminaries. The same went for Yosen High who came third in the Inter High. Therefore in the time that other schools were fighting for a placement in the Winter Cup, Rakuzan and Yosen High were having a combined training camp.

"Murasakibara-kun goes to Yosen High, doesn't he?" wondered Chiharu aloud. 

They were currently on a bullet train to Tokyo, where the one week training camp was held. It was a rare chance that two powerhouse schools got together to play, especially since both schools lived in separate regions.

"Yes, he does," Akashi confirmed.

"Ahahaha, good. I brought plenty of red bean snacks to share with him," Chiharu exclaimed, showing off her collection of wafer biscuits and snacks.

Akashi frowned. 

He reached over to Chiharu's knapsack and grabbed a pair of red bean flavored pocky. Chiharu almost grabbed it away from him when she eyed him open the packet, except he popped one in her mouth before she could react. 

He in turn ate one too.

"You don't need to go to Murasakibara to eat snacks," Akashi stated in between eating pocky. 

Chiharu giggled. She had already told Akashi she loved him, yet he still got jealous easily.

"Sei-chan! Haru-chan!" exclaimed Mibuchi, sticking his head in the hole between their seats and blocking their views of each other. 

"I feel so lonely," he squealed, "Kota-chan and Eiki-chan are sitting together. And you guys are also sitting together!"

"Mibuchi-nee," began Chiharu, reaching to pat his head, instead Akashi pushed the dark-haired man's head back into the hole he came from.

"Tch..." Muttered Mibuchi, "Sei-chan's so picky." 

He then quickly darted his head through the hole and towards Chiharu. "Sei-chan's jealous," he whispered before his head was pushed back by Akashi again.

"Reo," muttered Akashi in warning, his eyes flashing orange as if threatening to become his heterochromatic eyed self.

Mibuchi immediately backed back into his seat. 

He knew that look. 

He did not dare to challenge Akashi's authority. 

Chiharu noticing this, instantly tapped at Akashi's shoulder and as soon as it had become orange, it transformed back to it's natural red self.

Chiharu knew that although Akashi may seem stable, if angered, his heterochromatic eyes self would not be afraid to make his appearance. That was what worried her; that if one day Akashi could not turn back to his red-eyed self after becoming heterochromatic-eyed.