Chapter 34 - Your Name is Akashi Chiharu

"You will be living here from now on," started Akashi with a smile.

He opened the front doors of the Akashi mansion with a set of golden keys, in which he explained would unlock more rooms inside the actual mansion.

"Fuji is usually here to receive you so I don't usually use my own keys. However it is still good to keep a spare around," he continued, gently placing the keys in Chiharu's hand.

"These are now yours."

In reply, Chiharu nervously nodded her head.

They were currently in Tokyo where the headquarters and main house of the Akashi Corporations resided. This was their home now and Kyoto was but of the past.

After the wedding, Akashi and Chiharu were as expected, bombarded by the media. Everyone wanted to know how they had met, what made them decide to marry and whether it was a business decision to unite both the Akashi Corporations and the Azuma Firm.

Chiharu was perplexed beyond belief. She had never gotten such large scale attention. Akashi, however, covered for her, calmly answering that they had met in middle school and were almost what one called 'childhood sweethearts'. 

It was true in fact, and was proved by those attending Rakuzan high as well as important business officials who knew that the two were dating since Chiharu's first business party.

Akashi took a step back to allow Chiharu into their house. He wanted her to get used to it as it was now her home too. In fact, it had been the home of his father and mother as well as his father's parents. It was a family home and Akashi was proud to show it off.

Chiharu took a step into the wide mansion, recognising the familiar corridors and furniture she had walked through and sat on back in middle school. Back then, the house was completely foreign to her, but now it was going to be her home.

"Chiharu-sama!" exclaimed a well-rounded voice.

Chiharu recognised the voice and she turned towards the old man who had just turned the corner to greet them.

"Seijuro-sama," Fuji then continued, turning towards and bowing at the red head.

Akashi nodded in acknowledgement.

"Fuji-san!" exclaimed Chiharu in reply, a bright grin on her face as she ran forward to hug the old man.

She was feeling nervous in the different environment. However, Fuji had this certain aura that calmed her heart. It was different from Akashi's protection. It was more like familial friendship.

Akashi walked ahead, motioning to Chiharu to follow him. She released her grip on Fuji and did just that. As she went down the corridor she was introduced to a lot more maids and butlers. Some, Chiharu had seen before but most were completely unknown to her. She cowered under their inspection and prejudice. Some were kind but she could read their judgments.

How could she be the madam?

Akashi noticing Chiharu's discomfort gave her a slight smile. 

"Once you've lived here for a while, the others will learn to respect you. I can't help you in gaining the respect of others, I can only protect you from physical danger."

Chiharu nodded her head. She knew that herself and she didn't expect Akashi to help her in this anyway. 

She followed Akashi as he showed her around the mansion; hallway, living room, kitchen, bathroom, housekeeping quarters, bedrooms, stables and gardens. He showed her practically the whole house, in which Chiharu only remembered half of what he had said. In reply to her worry of getting lost, Akashi advised that she should just ask any passerby maid or butler for directions. Regardless of whether they liked her or not, they were obliged to answer the madam of the household.