Chapter 3 | Name

Chiharu could not believe it.

It had been a whole week since she had started attending Rakuzan High and there had been no signs of Akashi. She couldn't believe it when Yamabuki had told her he didn't know who Akashi Seijuro was. And even after a whole week with no signs of Akashi, she still refused to believe that Akashi wasn't here.

As she sat in her window seat, she put both hands to her head trying to figure out why Akashi wouldn't be here.

What had she missed?

She was sure that Akashi would be at the prestigious Rakuzan High school. And she was sure of it even before Satsuki confirmed it for her. From long ago Akashi had told her he planned to attend this high school. And despite it being in Kyoto, she told him that she would attend Rakuzan with him.

So where was he?

She closed her eyes in frustration.

She had come back to Japan. She was so close to meeting Akashi again. She was so close to returning to those peaceful Junior High days.

But where was Akashi?

"Nee Momoi-san?"

Chiharu opened her eyes, coming face to face with Kisara, her brown-haired classmate and first friend at Rakuzan High. Kisara with a cheeky smile on her face, had one hand ready and raised in a poking motion. Chiharu jumped in surprise but her reflexes weren't quick enough to avoid it. Before she knew it, Kisara's finger poked her cheek.

"Kisara! What was that?!" Chiharu cried, standing up and cradling her cheek.

Kisara burst out laughing.

"Sorry, sorry! You were just so out of it that I thought I would wake you up," she said in between giggles.

Chiharu shook her head, pretending as if she didn't care. But she did and she quickly shot forward, poking Kisara back.

At Kisara's dumbfounded expression, Chiharu burst out laughing.

A loud squeal interrupted their conversation.

Chiharu looked up in confusion and Kisara's expression changed. Kisara stood up from the spare window seat she had been sitting in to converse with Chiharu and looked out of the window.

A coach bus had just arrived outside the entrance of the school.

"The basketball team's back!" someone cried.

"That means our student council president is also back!"

Chiharu stood up as well, eyes widening. She looked towards Kisara who's cheerful expression had stiffened.

"Kisara," Chiharu began, "Who is the student council president?"

Kisara looked at Chiharu. She seemed surprised by the question.

"Akashi Seijuro," she said, "Didn't you know?" She looked back down at the bus. "The basketball team must have returned from their training camp. Akashi-san hasn't been here the whole week."

Chiharu's body responded to the name. Her hands turned cold and clammy and she felt her legs weaken.

"Akashi... Seijuro?"

She watched from the window as young men in light blue jerseys filed out of the bus. She watched until she saw his familiar red hair, his magenta eyes and his sturdy and calm steps.

Her hands moved to cover her open mouth and she could feel the tears stinging the edges of her eyes.

Akashi had grown taller, much taller than she remembered. And although she was far away and could hardly see him properly, she could imagine his deep but soothing voice.

Changing Peach Hearts (Akashi X OC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें