Prologue 3 | Red and Pink

Every few days, Chiharu would find Akashi at the library, occasionally accompanied by Midorima. They would play shogi together, discussing strategies and chatting about several other topics.

Although Chiharu had never once beaten Akashi at Shogi, she found herself slowly being able to beat Midorima at it. It built her confidence finding something she enjoyed and was good at. Not only that, but she found herself enjoying her conversations with the two - something she thought she would never be able to experience again.

At some point Chiharu found herself joining the school Shogi club, founded by Akashi who was the captain as well as Midorima who somehow found himself in the vice captain position. Although there were few members, she liked the idea of having some place where she belonged and where she could return to.

---

Half a year later

"Chi-chan!" Satsuki called, poking her head in the Shogi club room. She looked around with curiosity at the rather large room filled with Shogi boards of many kinds.

Satsuki never expected to hear from Chiharu that she, Akashi and Midorima met up frequently for lunch in the library. She was even more surprised that Chiharu had joined a school club with other people. Satsuki was curious about what sort of place her introverted sister enjoyed going to. This led her to research and explore the Shogi club room and its activities.

Noticing that no one was inside, she turned back to the light blue haired boy standing on her other side.

"Come on Tetsu-kun! It seems that Chi-chan isn't here!" She grabbed onto Kuroko's arm and dragged him along with her.

"Momoi-san, I think I saw your sister with Aomine-kun down at the courtyard," Kuroko stated.

Satsuki glanced at Kuroko in surprise before exclaiming, "Tetsu-kun! You should have told me!"

Kuroko answered, "You never told me who we were looking for, Momoi-san."

Satsuki skipped through the corridors, Kuroko being pulled along with her. As they made their way to the courtyard they ran into Aomine.

"Satsuki, let go of Tetsu. It looks like you've dragged him through hell and back," Aomine laughed, buckling over as he saw Kuroko's motion-sick expression. Satsuki blushed, her grip on Kuroko loosening.

"Dai-chan, were you with Chi-chan?" she questioned. She smacked Aomine's head to stop his laughter.

"Chiharu? Why?" Aomine chortled, "She went to the library with Akashi and Midorima." He wiped the tear that had formed at the corner of his eye and pulled his other arm around Kuroko's shoulder.

"So what's Satsuki up to now?" he whispered over to Kuroko.

Satsuki puffed before walking away from the both of them and towards the library. Aomine's lips rose, looking back at Kuroko. "It looks like something interesting might happen. Let's follow her."

As Satsuki stomped towards the library, still angry at Aomine's jest, she ran into both Murasakibara and Kise who were standing next to a vending machine.

Murasakibara placed coin after coin into the machine, picking up the haul of food that came out of the bottom. On the other hand, Kise leaned against the side of the machine, chatting happily with two girls that had come up to him.

They both noticed Satsuki making their way towards them followed by Aomine and Kuroko.

Kise, noticing Satsuki's annoyed expression, tapped on Aomine's shoulder. "What's up with Momocchi?" he whispered.

In the meanwhile, Murasakibara, noticing Satsuki's mood, offered her one of the snacks he got from the vending machine. Both Murasakibara and Kise found themselves following the group, interested in seeing what Satsuki was up to.

Soon after the gathering of five people found themselves in front of the library.

Satsuki entered first, immediately spotting Midorima's green hair, followed by red hair and peach coloured hair behind a shelf. Her expression lifted knowing that she had found the group of people she was looking for.

"Midorinnnn!" she called heartedly, bouncing up to the group.

But as she drew closer she sensed something was wrong. Midorima's expression was frozen. A second later, it seemed he had finally heard his name called and he glanced at Satsuki, registering her face before seeing the rest of the group behind her. His eyes widened and he immediately frowned as if trying to say something with his face.

Satsuki immediately looked towards Chiharu, noticing her shocked expression. She turned to look at Akashi whose usual calm demeanor was gone. Chiharu's face grew red and Akashi's ears reddened in response.

Midorima began to shuffle the group behind Satsuki away, but they kept on looking, intrigued by the never seen before expression of their basketball team captain.

"Chi-chan?" questioned Satsuki, "Akashi-kun?"

The silence was broken by Chiharu's small voice and nod.

"Yes."

Satsuki's face froze. In fact all members of the generation of miracles froze as their eyes darted from Chiharu to Akashi.

Ehhhh!

Kuroko broke the following long silence. "Wahh... I think Akashi-kun asked whether Momoi-san could be his girlfriend."

Satsuki's eyes bulged.

"Is... are... Did you ask my sister out?!! Akashi-kun?" questioned Satsuki, unable to formulate her words properly.

Akashi walked towards Chiharu, his hand reaching for hers.

Their fingers entwined and Akashi squeezed as if confirming it was all real. Chiharu's face glowed an even brighter shade of red.

"Yes I did" he replied and Chiharu nodded her head.

Satsuki took a step back, her hands reaching for her face as her eyes began to water.

"My beautiful, little sister is DATING!"