Chapter 29 - The Emperor's Domain

"I am absolute."

Those words were definite in Usami and the doctor's ears. But Chiharu heard something different; it was as if Akashi was questioning himself.

Was he absolute? 

If so, then why did his father die?

She could feel his empty loneliness as if he had nothing left in this world. Chiharu wanted to run and embrace him, to tell the redhead that he still had her; no matter what. But against his aura, she could not move. Her body stayed planted to the ground against her will.

Nothing could stop Akashi. 

Chiharu could do nothing to help him.

As soon as the redhead left the room, Chiharu could feel the oxygen reach her lungs again.

Usami trembled but reached for her knapsack, taking out her phone and sending a text to Fuji, Yuka and her mother.

Uncle Masaomi has passed away.

That was all she wrote.

Two buzzes coming from Chiharu's phone, urged her to her feet. She felt her paralysed body finally move to her own bag.

Tatsuya - How are you feeling? Seirin has won against Kaijo and they'll be your opponents in the Winter Cup finals.

Satsuki-nee - Chi-chann, are you okay? Is Akashi-kun ok? Seirin has won against Kaijo, just in case you wanted to know. Please reply.

Chiharu looked down at her texts. 

As much as she was surprised to see that Seirin had won, her mind was consumed with thoughts of Akashi. Still, she didn't want to worry either Himuro or Satsuki so she quickly replied back.

Chi-chan/Chiharu - I'm okay... Anyhow, congratulate Kuroko-kun and his team for me.

...

'Rakuzan High School Basketball club for five years, they were the reigning champions of the Inter High and Winter Cup. They are the expected winners of this year's Winter Cup, especially with the addition of the Generation of Miracles captain, Akashi Seijuro.'

Chiharu frowned. 

She was currently reading a sports magazine whilst eating a red bean bun for breakfast in her apartment. She closed the book, recalling yesterday's events.

Akashi Seijuro, the heterochromatic eyed emperor, had returned. 

Since then, she did not know what to do. As she and Usami were students, they returned back to Kyoto for school under the instruction of Akashi Yuka. But although Chiharu worked the same monotonous routine as she did every morning, she could not get the idea that Akashi had changed out of her head.

She had thought that finally they would be able to enjoy their peaceful lives together. They had already began too. Akashi's personality had stabilised. 

That was until...

She looked back at the magazine, reading it's front cover.

'Rakuzan High, Winter Cup's Defending Champions'

Annoyed, Chiharu pushed the magazine to the other side of the table.

What a bluff. 

Rakuzan High were not the expected winners of this year's Winter Cup. They had lost their captain. And even if Akashi played, Chiharu wondered if he would even be in the right state of mind.