Chapter 12 - Exploration

It had been a week since the school festival and a week without seeing Akashi. Fuji said that his father would be discharged from the hospital and flying back to Tokyo today. Akashi would be going with him and would meet the basketball team in Tokyo.

Chiharu's phone beeped, signalling a message. She opened it and wasn't surprised to see a message from Shirogane.

Shirogane-sensei - Where are you? The train is going to leave in 10 min. Everyone in the team is already here.

Chiharu speedily typed a reply.

Momoi - I should be there in 5 min. There is heavy traffic but I'm quite close to the station.

Chiharu scrolled through her other messages.

The Inter High finals were going to take place in Tokyo. She had told Satsuki and her parents that she would be returning for the weekend. Nearly everyone in the basketball team, Akashi excepted, was going to take the bullet train together to Tokyo.

Her phone buzzed again. This time it was from Satsuki.

Satsuki-nee - Yayyy! I can't wait to see you! Mama, Papa and I will be waiting at the exit when you arrive.

Chi-chan - Ok. Will see you there. :)

Chiharu looked out of the window. It was sunny in Kyoto but the weather maps said it would be cloudy in Tokyo. The cab driver pulled up on the side of the station as he managed to break free of the traffic. She paid him the fee, took her luggage and ran inside the station, searching for her platform.

...

"Chiharu!!" voices exclaimed from the other side of the station.

Chiharu and the Rakuzan High basketball team looked up to see a family of three running towards them, each having a striking resemblance to the peach head.

"Mama! Papa! Satsuki-nee!" Chiharu greeted enthusiastically as they reached in to hug her.

Shirogane-sensei coughed awkwardly, grabbing their attention. Chiharu turned to the basketball coach, surprised at how bashful he was.

"Mama, Papa, this is the Rakuzan High basketball coach, Shirogane-sensei," she introduced.

She turned to Shirogane. "Shirogane-sensei, this my family. My mother, Momoi Hanami, my father Momoi Kimori and my twin sister, Momoi Satsuki."

Shirogane's eyes widened. "Momoi Satsuki from Touou?" he asked. Satsuki nodded her head. He hastily composed himself then turned to the Momoi couple with a hand out. Chiharu's father took his hand and shook it.

"The Inter High finals will be tonight, 7.30, at the Tokyo Metropolitan Gym. Don't be late Momoi," Shirogane firmly stated, before turning to the rest of the basketball team.

"We will go to the hotel first to check in. After that you are free to tour Tokyo. Remember to meet back at the hotel before 5pm sharp," he barked.

The basketball team all agreed enthusiastically. Hayama came up from behind Chiharu.

"Nee, Momoi-san?" he asked.

Chiharu turned around. "What is it Hayama-kun?"

Hayama motioned to Nebuya and Mibuchi. "Show us around Tokyo!," he cried.

Chiharu hesitantly turned away. As much as she wanted to go explore with the crew, she knew her family had been looking forward to spending the day together. "I can't. I haven't seen my family in a long while. I rather spend the day with them."