Chapter 15 - Two sides: Strength or Weakness

"Akashi Seijuro!" Chiharu exclaimed. She pointed one finger at him, challenging him.

Akashi, who was conversing with Chiharu's parents, stopped as he heard his name and turned to face the peach-haired girl. His heterochromatic eyes widened at the furious determination flaring in those peach eyes.

The Momoi couple took a step back, surprised at seeing anger in they daughter's eyes. Chiharu who had never openly expressed her emotions, was pointing a finger at someone. The uncrowned trio also took steps back. This was simply because they had never seen anyone challenge Akashi.

All eyes focused on Akashi. They knew he would kill her. No one disrespected Akashi and if they did... It would be horror.

But instead, after a long while, Akashi's lips curved up into a small smile. No one had ever seen Akashi smile this brightly. His one golden eye flashed a deep ruby red. He gazed nostalgically at Chiharu. Both eyes were now red. No one knew what had transitioned in Akashi.

"Chiharu," he muttered out softly.

But as soon as that warmth appeared it disappeared. Everyone watched as the smile turned into a frown. His red eye lost its glimmer and was consumed by gold. It was strange but it was real. Akashi had two sides.

"Akashi-kun," muttered Chiharu, her determination faltering. She reached a hand out to him, as she cautiously took steps closer.

What had happened? It certainly seemed as if Akashi had two personalities.

As she placed a hand on his arm, she could see his eyes flash golden before she was thrown violently back. Her parents screamed as Akashi walked up to her, his eyes both a bright gold. Just like his father. Hell.

"In this world, winning is everything; winners are validated and losers are denied. Until now, I've never lost at anything, and I won't in the future. Since I always win, I'm always right. If you oppose me... I'll kill you, no matter who you are," he muttered out furiously.

He gazed at her, strong and absolute.

"Akashi-kun," Chiharu whispered. Her eyes were wet with tears but her expression softened looking up at his face. He seemed agonised. She could see his pain behind those golden eyes. He was not like his father, yet.

"Seijuro," she muttered.

Akashi's eyes widened. It was the first time Chiharu had called him by his first name. It was like shooting a bullet at his heart. His expression softened in pain, both eyes changing to heterochromatic and back to the warm red.

His brows scrunched themselves in pain and confusion. "Chiharu." he said unconfidently, stumbling with his following words. "You are my weakness."

Akashi finally fell back on to the floor. He didn't know what he was doing. His voice came out in painful gasps. "My father will obliterate any weaknesses in my life and the other Akashi will obliterate any weaknesses by his side."

Chiharu eyed his warm, red eyes. She was suddenly renewed with determination. It was too painful to watch Akashi. But the pain revealed to her, her own emotions. She knew at that moment that no matter what, she loved Akashi. Nothing could change that.

Against the outcries of her parents, she moved closer to the red-haired figure on the floor. Chiharu knew that now, more than anything, Akashi needed her.

She embraced him.

"Akashi-kun. Akashi Seijuro. Seijuro," she called. Akashi did not move. He allowed his weakness to overtake him. Or so he thought.

Momoi Chiharu would become his strength.

...

"I want you to leave Rakuzan High!" yelled Momoi Kimori, face as red as a tomato, brows creased and all traces of joy gone. Kimori was never mad but when he was, the whole family would regret incurring his wrath.

Chiharu's parents sat on the couch, at their family home, their hands crossed firmly as they beratedly stared down at their daughter. Chiharu kneeled on the ground in front of her parents. She was obviously begging for them to pardon Akashi.

Satsuki stared nervously from behind the corner of the room. It seemed Akashi's psychopathic behaviour scared the wits out of their parents.

"I will not," Chiharu replied instantly.

Hanami's eyes watered. She loved her child but she couldn't agree with Chiharu's choice on whom she wanted to date and quite possible live her life with. "Chiharu," she started gently before being stopped by her husband.

"Chiharu, I will not permit you to go out with that mentally unstable boy! You will not see him, talk to him, go out with him or do anything with him!" Kimori fumed.

Chiharu lifted her head furiously. "Akashi-kun needs me more than anything now. And for your information, he isn't mentally unstable, he just grew up in a bad environment and it seemed my departure two years ago, pushed him over the edge. It is my fault and therefore I will take responsibility!" she declared.

Kimori lifted his hand in fury. However, before he could act on his emotions, Hanami stopped him. She clenched on his arms, unwilling to let Chiharu get slapped. Kimori looked at his wife, surprised, and she shook her head furiously in reply. He untensed his arm and let it drop by his side. He glared at the figure of his daughter. Chiharu's eyes were open and adamant towards the glare.

She wouldn't take no for an answer.

Kimori shook his head, undecisive. Hanami took over.

"Chiharu, Akashi-san is a rather nice man," she began before her eyes darkened, "but I refuse to see you ever abused..."

Chiharu quickly interjected, "Like I said..."

Hanami stopped her. "No. It's ok. I understand. Akashi-san is the only heir of the Akashi Corporations. It is only right that he would have tremendous pressure on his shoulders, however I am still concerned. I will let you date him on only one condition. That is if he can prove to me that he loves you as much as I do. Until then, I'll permit you to continue your studies at Rakuzan High."

"But..." started Kimori before being shushed by Hanami.

"Let me take care of this," she said before turning back to Chiharu. "Do you accept my conditions? If Akashi-san loves you, he shouldn't refuse either."

Chiharu stared back at her mother, searching for any bluff in her eyes. There was none. "I accept. But how do you want him to prove to you?" she asked.

Hanami smiled. "During summer break, Grandma Koji will be returning. If Akashi-san is able to impress Grandma Koji, I'll accept him."

"G... GRANDMA KOJI!" started Chiharu, jolting back. Even Satsuki, in shock, fell forwards into the room.

"But it's Grandma Koji," complained Satsuki as Chiharu was unable to speak. "No one is ever able to impress Grandma Koji, especially with Sara around," she shrieked, shuddering.

Chiharu shot a quick glare at Satsuki's insult to Grandma Koji's frog. "Sara is cute," Chiharu said, recalling memories of the small, green pet that used to sit on her head when she was young. "Grandma Koji however..." Chiharu started looking back at her mother as if she was joking. Her mother's serious face removed her of all thoughts.

"Really? Grandma Koji?!" Chiharu exclaimed. "Look at Papa," she cried pointing at her pale faced father, his palms and forehead sweating profusely.

"Momoi Chiharu! Momoi Satsuki! Momoi Kimuro! My mother is not a devil! Stop acting as if she was!" Hanami exclaimed whilst pouting. She put her arms on her hips.

"Anyways, Summer break is in a few weeks. If you and Akashi-san really love each other, you better bring me Grandma Koji's approval before she leaves!" she stated firmly.