Chapter 4: Dammit, Hanji!

*****

When Hanji, Erwin, and Petra left, it's already past seven in the evening. Groaning, I laid down on the couch, my mind finally soaking in the silence it got when Shitty Glasses left. I closed my eyes and cleared my mind, ready to relax when someone decided to poke my fucking cheek like the shitty brat he is.

"Rein, give me a break, will you?"

Ignoring my demand, he continued to poke my cheek. Letting out an exasperated sigh, I grabbed his finger and opened my eyes to glare at him.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing, huh?"

"I don't want you to sleep on your couch, you'll hurt your back."

I groaned again and shifted myself to lay on my stomach, burying my face in a cushion. I heard him sigh and felt him stood up but I didn't heard any footsteps. Then suddenly, I felt myself being lifted off of the couch by a pair of strong arms. I let out a surprised grunt before looking at the brat who has a cheeky grin on his face. This bastard.

"What the fucking hell are you doing?"

"I told you, I don't want you to sleep on your couch."

"Fucking put me down this instant."

"No."

I started to squirm my way out of his grasp but he just tighten his grip more. Where the hell did he get all of those strength? He took me to my room and tossed me to my bed and I landed with an oof, earning him a glare from me.

"What?"

"Get down here."

With a suspicious look on his face, he leaned down and I used the opportunity to grab his ear. Twisting it, he let out a yelp and jumped back, one hand cupping the ear I hurt.

"What was that for?"

"For ignoring what I fucking said. You should've put me down, you brat."

"Sorry."

I rolled my eyes and laid on my bed, once again burying my face in the pillows. I felt a blanket covered my tired body and I snuggled into it immediately. Dealing with Shitty Glasses for hours drained the fucking life out of me. Before sleep took over me completely, I felt Rein ran his hands through my hair.

"Good night, Levi."

And I let the darkness take over me.

I woke up two hours after. Looking around, I saw no evidence of other's presence inside my room. I stretched my muscles—I don't know what's with it but it feels good—before I stood up, walking to the door rather groggily. I haven't been having a good amount of sleep for the past few months so I'm surprised that I was able to fall asleep earlier.

Arriving in the kitchen to grab some water, I saw Rein sitting on a stool by the black and white counter top, a bitten apple in hand while the other is busy scrolling down on his phone. Noticing my presence, he looked up from his phone and smiled.

"Hey, Levi. How's your sleep?"

"Good." I took a glass with a yawn. "I haven't had enough sleep for the past months so being able to take some sleep surprised me."

"You shouldn't miss hours of sleep. It's not good for you."

Amused, I rolled my eyes and shook my head, proceeding to quench my thirst. Once I'm finished, I looked at him again and saw a worried look on his face. His eyebrows are furrowed, lips pursed into a thin line and I waved my hand in a dismissive manner. "Don't fret yourself there, brat. It's not like I can fucking do anything about it."