Chapter 5: A Note

*****

I can't fucking believe what just happened. Why does Shitty Glasses needs to interrupt us all the time? And why does it feels like they're fucking doing it on purpose?

I almost threw my phone across the room and is on the verge of doing it when I heard Rein spoke.

"I—I uhm..."

Turning my head to look at him, I saw him shifting uncomfortably on the couch, face still red from the event that just got interrupted. I sighed and placed my phone on top of the coffee before slumping on the couch, closing my eyes and rubbing my temples.

"Levi."

"Hmm?"

"Sorry about what happened earlier."

"Don't be."

"You're not mad?"

"No." I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at Hanji.

Our awkward conversation was followed by another set of silence, making me raked my mind to think of any way to get rid of this fucking uncomfortable silence. We never experienced this type of situation before and it's making it hard for me to think of a way. Deciding that it's now or never, I opened my mouth to call him.

"Rein—"

"Levi—"

We looked at each other with wide eyes, staring straight in the eye for God-knows-how-long until Rein started to crack, small laughs bubbling in his throat before slowly becoming a full blown laughter. He's clutching his stomach, head thrown back with tears in his eyes. I just stared at him in confusion, not having any clue on what just happened to him.

He's going crazy. I'm pretty fucking sure about it.

He raised a hand with his palm facing my direction as he tried to calm himself down. He heaved for breath, occasional laughs coming out. He wiped the tears at the side of his eyes before looking at me with a wide grin.

"We've never been that awkward before."

"Seems like you enjoyed it too fucking much, huh?"

He laughed again and shook his head, letting out a sigh in the end.

"Uhm, Levi...?"

"What?"

"Can I stay the night?"

"Yeah."

I stood up and motioned for him to follow me. I won't allow him to sleep in a hoodie and jeans. Those clothes are fucking uncomfortable to sleep in.

I lead him to my room and I went straight to my closet to look for some clothes that will fit him. This guy is a fucking giant; I don't think that I have many clothes that will fit his tall physique. After searching through my neatly piled clothes, I brought out a white shirt that I guess will fit him along with large sweatpants. I stood up and tossed it to him, Rein catching it just before it made contact to the ground. I went back to checking my closet for a towel for him to use.

"What are these?"

"Clothes. First time seeing it?" Rolling my eyes at the stupid question, I took a grey towel out and threw it at him again. "Go take a bath before you go to bed. You fucking stink."

He frowned and raised the collar of his hoodie to smell himself. I resisted the urge to chuckle at the action, my face remaining impassive when he looked back to me with an offended look.

"Hey, I don't stink."

"You're only saying that because it's your own. Hurry the fuck up and use the bathroom so I can take a shower after you."