Chapter 24: Serenity

I apologize for the mess this has become. I hope you'll still enjoy it, though.

And what the fuck is that title? Kill me now. I suck at making titles.

Also, there's a mention of daddy kink. And no, there's no smut.

Enjoy.

*****

After spending a good hour or so inside the music room, playing different pieces one after another, both of us decided to stop and get back to where the others are. Standing up, we traced back the path we ambled on earlier, silent as we walked side by side. My chest felt significantly lighter now, as if all troubles were chased away the moment my fingers started tapping the piano's keys. Eren was looking at ease too, silently humming an unfamiliar tune all the way back to the lounge.

When we got back, the children started crowding around us again. Eren instantly got into the mood, picking up two of the kids with his two arms and started playing with them. I sat on the couch at the corner of the room, content with watching them. Catching a sight of the lady I talked to earlier, she smiled at me before she turned into one of the corridors, completely away from my sight.

We spent a few more hours there, Eren playing with them while I occasionally talk to some of the children approaching me. It felt weird, having kids around who is brave enough to talk to me. They are either staying away from me or scurrying away whenever I look at them.

When the clock hit four, Eren stopped playing with the kids and approached me, telling me that we would be leaving. Nodding, I stood up and searched for the lady to properly said our goodbye before we leave.

"It's good to have both of you here today, Eren." She smiled warmly at us, taking both of our hand and squeezing it to show her gratitude.

"It's fine. We're glad to spend our time with them. We enjoyed it, right Levi?" He shifted his gaze from her to me, expecting me to respond.

With a nod, I responded, "Yes. They'are good kids."

Letting go of our hands, still a smile on her face, she led us to the front door. Before we left, Eren turned to give her one last hug and told her that he would visit again soon before we left.

On our way back to his car, Eren nudged my shoulder with his. I looked up to see his face, a small frown resting on my face. "What?"

"Did you enjoy the time you spent there?"

How could I not enjoy it if I was able to watch you smile like that all day?

I shook my head to dismiss the thought. "I did."

"That's nice. Now we'll be going somewhere again."

"Let me guess," Eren looked down on me, one brow raised as he waited for what I am going to say. "I won't be able to have a fucking say about it again, am I?" I stopped walking, Eren taking a few steps forward before he stopped to look back at me.

He chuckled, walking back to where I was before bumping me playfully. "You're right. You don't. Now just be a good boy, get inside the car and wait until we arrive there, okay?"

Rolling my eyes, I started walking again, but after I replied to him, of course. "Yes, dad."

I kept on walking; only stopping when I reached the car. Looking back, I saw Eren still standing on his spot before, looking like someone knocked the sense out of him as he stared at nothing.