Chapter 8: Shitty Glasses' Invasion

This is not edited, please bare with the mistakes and if you have time, please read the author's note at the end.

Warning: There may be a plentiful of typos and grammar mistakes. Enjoy the shitty chapter ahead.
*****

Last night, Rein left as soon as the conversation between us ended, leaving me pondering in my own thoughts. Is it okay that I reacted like that? Did I come off in a way that seems so goddamn desperate? Because I'm not, and I will never be desperate to be in a relationship with someone. That just isn't fucking me.

But still, I couldn't deny the fact that I felt so happy that he asked me to give him a chance, to give us a chance, and the thought of us becoming as someone being more than just best friends sounds so enticing to me. I never had a problem being called as a friend before but now, knowing that Rein wouldn't treat me in other ways more than a friend sucks like a fucking black hole. And I sure as hell am glad that he's thinking just the same as I do.

With that, I started the morning with a small smile on my face which would've make me think that it's absurd not for the thing he asked me last night that left me feeling elated. I started my morning rituals before I went down to the kitchen, my desire for tea growing as each minute passed by. After I settled the kettle on top of the stove, I sat down on a stool by the counter top and propped my elbow on the counter, resting my chin on top of my palm. I just stared at the kettle and waited for the water to boil, watching the steam come out of the kettle. It didn't take long until the water boiled and I took my time to make myself an Earl Grey tea.

Once I was finished, I went back to the stool I'm sitting at earlier, drinking the tongue-scalding tea in silence. However, the sound of my phone ringing from the pocket of my jeans broke the quietness of the room.

Setting the tea down on the counter, I took my phone out and typed the numbers to unlock it, which is 7346. I don't know what came to my mind when I used that thing, used his name as my phone lock but I think that it didn't matter anyway.

My eyes are welcomed by the sight of the name of my phone lock code's name sake and my lips twitched at the sight. I tapped at the message and read it, the smile never faltering.

From: Rein
08:34

Good morning. Have a great day ahead. :)

'The fact that you texted me in the morning is enough to fuel my day.'

Where the hell did that sappy thought came from? Rolling my eyes, my mind conjured up a single thought.

I'm hopelessly falling for him.

I started typing a reply for him, trying to convey my feigned irritation into the message.

To:Rein
08:36

Morning is only good for you. No one treats morning as fucking good.

From:Rein
08:39

The fact that you're existing is enough for each day to be great.

To: Rein
08:41

Stop being such a sappy little shit this early in the morning.

From: Rein
08:44

I never thought that being called a little shit can be a compliment. Don't worry, it won't be the only thing that'll come out of your perfect ass in the future. ;)