Chapter 23: Solace

Okay, I'm so sorry that it took this long before I was able to update. But I was able to mash this mess of words up and now here it is.

I'm sorry about the title. I don't think that it is much relevant to the chapter but I suck at giving titles so *shrugs*

Just a head up, this is long, the length is equivalent to two chapters. I hope that this will turn out well.

Enjoy!

*****

"Will you let me in?" I stood there, not moving from my place as he stared at me with those bright, hopeful, turquoise eyes. He's nervous, if I were to judge from the way his body was rigid and stiff as a board as he stood in front of me.

I didn't say anything. Silence was hanging over us as we stared at each other, him waiting for my response to allow him inside. What was he doing here? How can he act so casually after the shit that happened last night between him and his twin?

Still not in the mood to talk, I instead used the moment to take in the sight in front of me, eyeing him from head to toe. He was wearing a black trench coat and what seems like a pair of black skinny jeans, mittens, bonnet, with a dark blue scarf wrapped around his neck and hiding his mouth; appropriate clothes for protecting himself from the cold weather. A shade of pink was visible on his nose and cheeks—most probably because of the cold—making him look like he's blushing. He stood still the whole time I observed him, worry visible on his face as I took my time examining him with a blank expression on my face.

When I finished examining him, I looked up to meet his gaze head on. In that moment, I couldn't help but appreciate the way swarm of gold flickered in his irises, making it shine a little more. Eren's eyebrows furrowed as the span of silence between us lengthened, the staring contest I unknowingly started getting more intense in each second that passed by.

After a good minute or so, Eren sighed, closing his eyes as he took a few deep breaths, composing himself in the process. When he opened his eyes again, he looked at me in all seriousness, looking determined. Opening his mouth, he was supposed to speak when I cut him off.

"Why are you here?" My voice came out sounding blank, making Eren wince visibly. It made the determined look on his face falter before he once again composed himself, looking more determined than he did before.

"I went here to take a visit-"

"I'm not ill. As you can see, I'm in perfect condition. Thank you and you can go."

I know that I sounded like an asshole but after what happened last night, I am far from ready to face any of the two of them. Not now, not for the next coming days. I need time to think, to decide and to choose between the two of them before I can see them in order to fix every single thing that I fucked up. Before fixing it becomes too late.

Taking a step back, I was supposed to turn my back when his hand grabbed my arm, keeping it held tightly in his hand. I looked from his hand before my eyes travelled to his face, seeing the same determination reflected on it. His eyebrows furrowed more when I tried to get my hand freed from his, his grip tightening more in response.