Chapter 7. - The Hall.

Trapped.

 Chapter 7.

 Felicity's POV - Thursday 12th June 2007 - 21:57

My friend since nursery. Dead. Gone. It still hadn't sunk in that I'd never see Melissa again. Me and Lola sat in shocked silence, Lola was still silently crying, Lola didn't really like me or Melissa but I gathered that seeing so much blood she was just about to faint. It wasn't the first time one of my closest friends had died though, so I kind of knew how to deal with it.

"My best friend died in high school. Stabbed. Her name was Jessica." I told Lola, breaking the silence. I don't know why I told her that but I felt that Melissa passing away would bring us close together. I placed my hand in the middle of my stomach and started rubbing it. This baby was really unsettled tonight! 

"I'm sorry for your loss." Lola replied. She was quieter but she wasn't being sarcastic. I smiled at her. I guess we could be friends now.

"I lost my mother when I was four years old. She was shot." Lola continued. She wasn't looking at me; she was busy flicking away some dust.

"Did the killer ever get caught?" I questioned. Well, making a conversation with Lola was easier than I thought. Maybe the next morning we could both leave this school being friends.

"Yes. He shot seven other people besides my mother, jailed for life. His punishment doesn't make the injustice go away." Lola answered. Her voice was cracking and I could see she didn't want to talk about this anymore. I tried to comfort her but couldn't think of the right thing to say.

"I'm sorry. There not much you can do to make the pain go away." I said as I put my arm around her. But she pulled away.

"Thanks for the advice and support, brainless." Lola sarcastically replied. My heart crumpled even more. She had just pushed me away from her when we were finally getting along. At my weakest point.

"Here we go again...” I muttered to myself. She was beginning to wind me up again.

"I heard that!" Lola exclaimed. She sounded shocked but I couldn't give two camels.

"Why wouldn't you? It's quiet in here and everything echoes!" I shouted back. My voice was breaking as I felt a lump in my throat.

"Yeah, so be quiet and respectful and shut up!" Lola just about screamed. In a situation like this, I nearly broke a window to get out of this place. But that would have only caused a draft because this school was so secure, we could either be stuck outside, or inside. I didn't fancy the thought of camping outside.

"So much for being nice!" I yelled. Lola looked hurt. "I finally thought we could get along!" I added. Lola didn't even give me a second to breathe before she replied.

"Me? Getting on with you? Pah!" Lola cocked her nose up at the thought. We started up again with each other cancelling the others words out. This completely reminded me of what happened to Melissa. We just left her in that room because Lola didn't like the thought of a dead body sitting in a room with her.

"Hey! Shut up." I commanded. Lola opened her mouth to speak. "SHUT. UP." I repeated. I could faintly hear banging coming from another room. Lola stood up.

"That defiantly came from the staff room." I boldly said. I knew what we had to do by now. I was really wary about being in this school because I knew someone was here with us.

"And the latter came from the bathroom." Lola added. "I'll check the bathroom, you check the staff room." she continued. I nodded.

"Take you weapon-thingy. Scream if you need me." I finished. As I split up from Lola. I knew that one of us wouldn't come back. My whole world was falling apart. Whatever it was that was in Millingsworth Primary with us, I prayed that it would go away.

================================================================================

N'awww! I feel sorry for Felitcity's baby. Having to listen to them two arguing whilst she's trying to sleep! Bless her :L OH! And is Felicity is your favourite character, you probably don't want to read the next chapter, I felt sick after I had written it. It's bad. It's like drinking gone-off milk bad. :(

- Emily x