8: Diagnoses and Party Planning.

"I got him, I got him!"

"Ah!"

Charlie gave the door to the McCall house a confused glance as he put his phone back into his pocket, shaking his head at Malia's thoroughly annoyed text. She had a few choice words to say after listening to Scott's call for Charlie to come over as soon as possible.

Charlie silently opened the door, grunting softly as Liam Dunbar shoved him to the side, bounding away from the McCall house, barefooted.

"Yep."

Charlie straightened himself to stand back at the porch of the McCalls, an innocently confused look on his face as both Scott and Stiles turned to look out the door.

"Your plan sucked too." Scott panted, the two boys looking past Charlie to watch Liam turn down a random street.

"Um... Am I too late, or..." Charlie trailed off, his thumb gesturing to where Liam had just ran away too.

Stiles huffed, rolling his eyes, "You're too late." He muttered.

Charlie bit his lip anxiously, "My bad."

<>

Charlie grunted as he heaved the bag of chains Stiles had leant him onto his bed, his red face beginning to cool as he sighed, plopping to sit down behind the bag of chains, and in front of Malia.

Charlie slowly dug into the canvas bag, grabbing a pair of chains with leather cuffs, holding them up to show Malia.

He watched as her brown eyes flickered around the restraints, "I hate full moons." She leaned forward to say.

Charlie nodded, "It makes sense, but don't worry, Scott said that it'll get easier

Charlie nodded, "It makes sense, but don't worry, Scott said that it'll get easier."

"It better." Malia said, grabbing the leather cuffs from Charlie, "Because this isn't gonna hold for much longer."

Charlie nodded, sweeping his black hair from his eyes, "Well, maybe we can try to make tonight the last night we use these?" He offered.

Malia pursed her lips before nodding, "I like that idea." She confirmed.

"Besides, Stiles told me that they may use these for Liam." He shrugged.

"Liam, the freshman Scott sent to the hospital?" Malia wondered.

Charlie nodded, "Yeah, apparently Scott bit him."

Malia rolled her eyes, "Great. You sure he's gonna turn into a werewolf?" She asked, offering Charlie her wrist.

Charlie cautiously put the restraints on Malia's small wrist, biting his lip as he concentrated on tightening them, "If he can survive the bite." Charlie muttered, "How's that? Is that too tight?" He asked, Malia bringing her hand up to help him adjust the restraints hold.