15: Dosages Increasing and Honesty Decreasing.

"So, I think it'd be best if we up your dosage to ninety milligrams since you've reported of no signs of behavioral change since the last time we met," Dr. Gallien told Charlie and Sophie, a small nod moving his head.

Sophie's eyes widened at the considerable change, "Ninety milligrams? I'm not doctor, but that seems a little too high," she sputtered.

She knew what Charlie was, but that didn't stop her from worrying about what this high of a dosage could do to him.

Charlie's gaze was trained on the floor as his legs dangled over the edge of the examining table/ chair he sat on. He hoped the dosage increase would push past his supernatural body system to let him at least feel like he was happier than what he was.

"Ms. Sophie, I can assure you I would do nothing to put your son in harms way-" Dr. Gallien started.

"She's not my mom," Charlie found himself saying.

Sophie took in a sharp intake of breath as she looked in between Charlie and his doctor, not knowing what to say.

"She's not my mom," Charlie repeated, his gaze finding the doctors. "My moms dead," he told him, pushing himself off the table to storm out of the room.

"Charlie-" Sophie started, sighing as the door closed behind her nephew.

She turned back towards the doctor, "Seriously, Jerry?"

The man knew the situation between Sophie, her sister, and Charlie

The man knew the situation between Sophie, her sister, and Charlie. He knew how sensitive the topic was, and he lacked the care needed, and slipped.

Dr. Gallien sent her a guilty look, "I'm sorry, Sophie; it slipped," he said.

Sophie sighed, grabbing her coat, "Just send the prescription in for me to pick up."

Dr. Gallien nodded as he watched Sophie follow in the steps Charlie had left in the floor, her movements quick as she tried to catch up with the boy.

<>

Neither Charlie nor Sophie made any effort to start a conversation on their way back home. Charlie was too embarrassed of himself to even consider trying to talk to his aunt. He had never had an outburst as bad as that one, and that's what scared him the most.

Was it the Phoenix taking control? Was Charlie even in control of himself anymore, because if not, he was going to follow in Stiles' steps and admit himself into Eichen. There was no way he would let the monster inside him out while the people he lived were near.

Before he knew it, Sophie was pushing herself from the car, leaving Charlie to sit by himself as he tried to steady his pounding heartbeat. Charlie took one glance up to his room window, his mood lifting the slightest when he saw Malia watching him from behind the glass. She sent him a small nod, giving him enough energy to get out of his aunt's car and make his way into the house.