11: Deadpool Additions and Pain.

"I mean, do you want me to come over? I don't know how to make chicken middle soup or anything, but we can watch that t.v show you always talk about?"

"Game of Thrones.." Charlie shook his head, "No, no, I'm fine. It's fine, Lia. I just have a cold, or something. It'll be gone in a couple hours." He lied.

In reality, Charlie felt like his insides were curling in on themselves. He felt as though there weren't any possible ways for him to cool his temperature down. His aunt had even tried an ice bath..

The ice melted within ten minutes.

So, Charlie was currently sitting in a thin shirt and a pair of boxers, sitting in front of three lined up fans, trying desperately not to worry Malia or give her any excuse to come and take care of him. He wanted her to focus on school.

"Charlie? Charlie, the bells ringing, that means next period, right?" Malia asked.

"Yes." Charlie nodded, grabbing a cool, wet washcloth, wrapping it around his neck, "Hey, listen, I, um, I'll call you later, okay? I just-I think I should just lay down and sleep, or something."

"I don't like being here while you're sick. It makes you seem defenseless; vulnerable." Malia mumbled.

"Wow. Thanks. Hey, remind me to sign up for self-defense classes so I can learn how to attempt to kick someone's ass." Charlie suddenly said.

His eyebrows furrowed at his tone of sarcasm. Whatever illness he was suddenly struck with, it was making him say things he wouldn't normally say.

"You never say ass. You never cuss in general... What's going on with you?" Malia interrogated. "Can boys have a boy period? Is that possible? Because, if it was, you'd be put in that category."

Charlie let out a sigh into the phone at the sound of the two minute bell, "Oh, gotta get to class!" He called through the phone. "Um, try not to kill our math teacher?"

"No, Charlie-" Malia started.

He suddenly hung up, wincing as he thought of the backlash he'd be getting later that day when Malia got home. He just executed two of Malia's biggest pet peeves. Cutting her off. And hanging up on her abruptly. Charlie was definitely in for it later.

"Knock, knock." A soft voice called.

Charlie say his phone down beside him, turning his head to look to his aunt, the small movement sending a crashing wave of nausea through him. Sophie's face fell as Charlie snatched the metal trashcan from beside him, throwing his face forward to pile into the container.

Sophie brought the glass of cold water with her as she sat beside Charlie, wincing at the layer of sweat of his back as she rubbed it comfortingly.

"It hurts." Charlie gasped out, sending his aunt a pained stare, "I don't wanna do this-please, make it stop hurting, Soph." He pleaded.

Sophie released a pitiful sound, handing Charlie his water, letting him chug the liquid down before she sighed, "I'm sorry, Charlie. I don't know what to do, honey."

Charlie gripped his stomach, "Please, just make it stop. I can't take it." He groaned. "It hurts so much."

Glass in Charlie's hand shattered as his grip tightened, shards of the sharp material digging into Charlie's legs. Sophie gasped, quickly dusting Charlie off, pulling him up and out of his room.

"I can clean it up." Charlie told his aunt.

Sophie waved him off, "What you need to do is worry about you right now. I think I can clean up a broken glass."