Chapter 3

I drove home around 12:30 that night, yawning heavily. Karkat had been right. They had needed a lot of extra help.
I pulled into the driveway and killed the engine, stepping out of the car as making my way into the house.
My dad was reading a book by lamplight and I tiptoed up the stairs, assuming Mituna was asleep.
"D4D 50LLUX 15 H0M3!" Mituna yelled from the kitchen, yelling at the top of his lungs.
My dad slammed his book shut, storming over to the stairs.
I looked down at him, eyes half lidded. "Hey dad," I mumbled tiredly.
"Diidnt we 2et a curfew for you for 10?" He asked loudly.
"Ii wa2 workiing."
"2o you were actually workiing in2tead of off driinkiing?"
"Ii don't driink dad."
"How do Ii know you're not lyiing?!"
"Becau2e you've asked me before and Ii 2aiid no."
He sighed and rubbed his eyes. "Ju2t get iin bed. Ii don't want to 2ee you agaiin for the re2t of the niight."
"But Ii diidnt get anythiing to eat-"
"Well maybe you 2hould have thought of that before draggijng your pathetiic excu2e for an a22 home!"
It felt like I had been stabbed in the chest. I wasn't very hungry anymore. Suddenly, I felt like I was going to be sick.
My dad didn't notice. He just walked off to get Mituna some more honey for his pancakes.
I ran up the stairs and locked myself in my room, sitting at my computer with tears rolling down my face. I pulled up the latest version of Pesterchum I had released to my friends.
Kanaya, Terezi and Karkat were all online. I wiped my wet eyes as I pulled up the group log.

CG: HEY ASSHOLE.
GA: Welcome Back Sollux.
GC: H3Y SOLLUX
TA: Hey guy2
CG: TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH
TA: 2orry dad was beiing an a22hole
GA: Again?
CG: WHY DONT YOU REPORT HIM TO CHILD SERVICES OR SOMETHING
GC: WH4T ABOUT M1TUN4?
TA: Miituna ii2 fiine....
GA: Doesn't He Cherish Mituna Or Something?
CG: THAT ASSHOLE! ONE OF THESE DAYS SOLLUX IM GOING TO COME OVER THERE AND HIT YOUR DAD SO HARD....
GC: SLOW DOWN THERE K4RKL3S
CG: DONT CALL CALL ME KARKLES!
GC: H3H3
GA: Guys Sollux Is Having A Crisis Right Now. Save Your Flirting For Later.
CG: KANAYA!
GC: CMON K4RKL3S 1 KNOW YOUR3 BLUSH1NG OV3R THERE

I hadn't realized I was crying again.

TA: It's fine guys
GA: Obviously Something Is Not Fine. What Happened To Your Quirk?
TA: I'm just too lazy to use it.
CG: DO I NEED TO COME OVER THERE CAPTOR
TA: No I just need to go to bed.
GC: 4LR1GHT CY4 1N THE MORN1NG
GA: Good Luck With Your Dad Sollux.
TA: Yeah.... See you.

I quickly signed off. I didn't want to see them in five hours. I didn't want to see anyone. I set an alarm for five then looked at the time. One in the morning. I wondered if I could get away with four hours of sleep a night. I was pretty sure I'd done it before. I crawled into bed and was asleep before my head hit the pillow.