Chapter 10

When I got home that night my dad made me clean Mituna's room, under the watch of my brother's eye.
"Y0U D1DNT DO TH4T R1GHT!" He would yell, show me and then make even more of a mess as he undid it to make sure I would do it.
I finished around 4 in the morning and got two hours of sleep before I woke up again. I got onto Pesterchum.

TA: Can one of you come piick me up?
GC: JUST W4LK L1K3 1 DO
TA: ii wa2 up all niight cleaniing
CG: AGAIN
GA: Again? What Do You Mean Again?
TA: Yeah. Ii had to clean Miituna'2 room.
CG: I SWEAR SOLLUX IM GOING TO REPORT YOUR DAD TO CHILD SERVICES
TA: Don't do that.
GA: Calm Down There Karkat.
GC: 1 WOULD ST1LL W4LK
CG: IM BRINGING YOU BREAKFAST
TA: ii don't need any
GA: We Don't Want You Falling Asleep On The Job
TA: Fiine
GC: K4RKL3S COULD YOU BR1NG M3 BR34KF4ST?
CG: NO! AND DONT CALL ME KARKLES!

"2OLLUX GET YOUR BUTT OUTTA MY HOU2E!"

TA: gtg guy2 cya there

I quickly signed off and dashed out of the house, not wanting my dad to yell at me anymore.
I sat on the corner of my block with my head buried in my arms. I heard a car drive up and lifted my head to see Karkat waving from the window. I got in and rested my head against the window, closing my eyes tiredly.
"I GOT YOU SOME FOOD." He lifted a McDonald's bag up from the center console.
"Thank2 man." I ate it quickly, finishing before we got to the aquarium.
I stumbled inside and changed hastily. I had to turn my shirt around before walking back out and over to Eridan's tank.
"Morniing Eriidan."
"Morning Sol!"
I climbed up onto the diving board and fed him a fresh fish.
He ate it happily before swimming around energetically.
I smiled and watched him. I didn't notice as I slowly stared to drift off into sleep...
"SOLLUX! SOLLUX! OH GODDAMMIT SOLLUX WAKE UP ALREADY!"
"Wha...." I opened my eyes to see Karkat and Kanaya standing over me worriedly. I suddenly realized I was wet.
I felt my clothes. "What the hell...."
"We Were Asking The Same Thing."
"Ii2 Eriidan okay?" I propped myself up on my elbows.
"HE WAS A LITTLE SPOOKED AFTER YOU FUCKING FELL IN THE TANK."
Eridan stuck his head out of the coral.
"Ii..." I rubbed my head. "Ii gue22 ii mu2t've fallen a2leep."
"We Should Send You Home."
"AND REPORT YOUR DAD TO THE POLICE."
"Iit2 fiine." I sneezed suddenly.
Eridan swam away.
"GREAT."
I wiped my nose on my sleeve.
"Do You Want To Sleep Here? I'm Sure We Can Arrange A Place That's Out Of The Way."
"Ii gue22... 2iince my dad won't let me 2leep."
"Alright. Karkat Could You Help Him?"
Karkat nodded and helped me to my feet. I stumbled weakly down the hall and crashed on a bed in the infirmary, shivering.
Karkat pulled a blanket up over my shoulders and I curled up on the mattress, asleep within moments.