Chapter 14

Kankri grouped me in with Karkat's next psychiatry meeting. I sat in the corner of the couch, scrunched up and staring out the window for no particular reason.
Karkat sat on the other end rubbing the scars on his wrist.
"kANKRI IS HE GETTING HIS MEDICINE NIGHTLY?"
"As far as I kn9w, yes."
"i WOULD LIKE IT IF YOU WOULD MONITOR IT MORE CLOSELY,"
That was the first time I'd seen Karkat cry. He started sobbing, clinging weakly to Kankri. Kankri papped him softly.
"oNTO YOU sOLLUX," He turned his wheelchair to me. "wHY ARE YOU HERE WITH THE vANTAS'S?"
"My dad dii2owned me becau2e ii wa2 makiing theiir mediical biill too hiigh," I mumbled, voice flat and emotionless
He frowned and wrote something on a clipboard. "aND HOW DID THAT MAKE YOU FEEL?"
"Ii don't liike to talk about it." I hugged my stomach.
His frown deepened at this movement. "lIFT UP YOUR SHIRT,"
"Um sir...?" Kankri started.
"i KNOW WHAT iM DOING, sOLLUX LIFT UP YOUR SHIRT,"
I whimpered and looked helplessly at Karkat, who was staring at me wide eyed.
I uncurled slowly and lifted my shirt. My stomach was sunken in, causing my rib cage to cast a shadow over the skin. Long, bloody scars ran across my torso, stopping in a neat margins at my sides. Tears of embarrassment and fear filled my eyes.
"sTART HIM ON A FIVE MILLIGRAM DOSE, uSE kARKAT'S MEDICATION UNTIL I GET A NEW ONE FILLED,"
"Yes d9ct9r."
We left. I threw up in the car from nerves. I never wanted to go back there again. I curled up on Karkat's lap while he rubbed my arm gently.
"Can we 2top by the aquariium on the way home?" I asked pitifully. Kankri nodded and pulled into the parking lot. I stumbled dizzily out of the car and Karkat stabled me. We made our way inside. Kanaya glanced at us worriedly as we passed by and made our way to Eridan's tank.
"Sol!" He glubbed happily, swimming up to the side of the tank.
Karkat watched as I leaned against the glass. "Hey Eriidan. Ii mii22ed you."
"I missed you more!" He smiled before frowning. "You don't look too good."
"Ii.... Ii don't feel good."
"Maybe you should go home. It's not like I'm leavving betwween today and tomorroww!" He smiled.
I smiled back weakly, setting a hand on the glass. He set his hand against it, on the other side.
"Okay. Ii'll 2ee you tomorrow Eriidan."
"Lovve you Sol!"
"Love you too."