Chapter 8

A/N: Please forgive me for any major personality flaws with Kankri. I wrote this chapter well before I knew much about him and I had to make assumptions based on what I knew. Thank you for your understanding.

I sat on the couch in Karkat's family room, face buried in my hands. Kankri, Karkat's older brother, made two large bowls of chocolate ice cream. Karkat was next to me, frowning and holding a box of tissues.
I lifted my head weakly and he handed me one. I blew my sore nose into it, quickly starting to cry again afterwards.
"ARE YOU GOING TO BE OKAY?"
"No...." I wiped my cheeks on my arm.
He sighed and looked up as Kankri came over.
"It's alright S9llux. Stay as long as you need. O6vi9usly y9u can't g9 h9me. We'll just keep you here."
"THATS DISGUSTING KANKRI!"
"Triggered."
Karkat rolled his eyes. We indulged on chocolate ice cream as Karkat turned on one of his stupid romcoms. By the end, though, I felt a little better.
"ARE YOU GONNA BE SLEEPING HERE TONIGHT?"
"Ii don't know...." I rubbed my eyes tiredly. My phone buzzed beside me and I hesitantly picked it up. It was a pester from Kanaya. She said that Eridan missed me. I blushed slightly.
Karkat raised a brow at the red color on my cheeks and looked over my shoulder at the message. "OH DO YOU HAVE THE HOTS FOR THE MERTROLL!"
"N-no!" My face got redder.
"UH HUH." He grinned.
I opened and closed my mouth several times. "2top lookiing at my me22age2," I said finally, turning my phone off.
He giggled, making a heart shaped with his hands. "SOLLUX AND ERIDAN, SITTING IN A TREE."
I quickly smothered him with a pillow before he could continue. He just laughed. My face was a bright red.
"Alright alright! Cut it 9ut!"
"BUT KANKRI I NEED TO HELP SOLLUX WITH HIS LOVE LIFE!" Karkat grinned at me.
I sat back against the arm of the couch, hugging myself. "Ii don't have the hot2 for hiim," I whispered.
"Karkat g9 s9mehwere else. Y9ure upsetting him."
Karkat finally stopped. "SORRY."
"Iit2 fiine." I slouched down on the couch.
"Are you g9nna stay the night?"
"KANKRI SERIOUSLY CUT IT OUT!"
Kankri just grinned, making a hashtag sign with his fingers. "Triggered."
Karkat growled and stormed off.
After he was gone I looked up at Kankri. "Ii2 that okay?"
"It's n9 pr9blem."
"Thank2."
He nodded and left me to sleep on the couch.