Chapter 3(Hello?)

"So you gave a stranger your number?"sounding mad.

"One his name is Charlie and second he is not a stranger anymore, plus I tripped and he caught me before I fell" i said.

"Still I don't like him, I feel a bad vibe,and I didn't know, I am just trying to protect you" he said.

"It's alright,meeting with Ari went awesome,she gave me her auto graph plus we took a picture and complimented my skirt" I screamed.

"Same we took a pic and gave me her autograph but she didn't complement anything, lucky"he said bummed out.

"Well we had a great night, sleep tight" he said, pulling up to my house.

"You too wanna do something this Sunday, sleepover?" he suggested.

"I'll see about that but I'll text you if I can or not" he said.

"Ok well see you then bye D."getting off the car.

"Bye" and drove off.

I walked up to my house and open the door to see that my father was fast asleep on his recliner with the TV on.

I go turn off the TV, head up stairs to get him a blanket,after I cover him I head to the kitchen for something to eat.

I decide on making chicken Alfredo,yes I am at cooking ,passed that class with an A.

"That smells delicious" a voice said.

"Oh! Dad don't scare me like that" i laughed.

"Sorry, why didn't you wake me up?" he asked.

"You were sleeping calmly and you deserve it cause you work your bum off"

"Yeah...mind if i join?" he said looking at the Alfredo.

"No I don't,come on sit I'll serve you"

"Thanks hun"

"Your welcome,dad"

-Next Day-

I wake up to my phone ringing...

"Shut up stupid phone"I groan, reaching for

"Hello?" I answer not checking the ID caller.

"Sam? Were you asleep? Oh my God sorry" Charlie said recognizing his voice.

"It's alright my alarm was about to go off anyway" I lied, now sitting up on my bed

"Oh, okay, would've felt like shit" he laughed.

"So how did you sleep?" i asked.

"Fine I guess,still can't believe I actually met Ari tho" he said.

"Same, dreams do come true" I giggled.

"So is it fine if we meet up at a coffee shop today? Of course I'll send you the address"

"Sure,what time?" I asked getting out of bed.

"Umm..how about in an hour"

"See you there...mind if I ask something"

"Shoot" he said.

"Umm...can I call you charms?" I dont way that just popped in my head.

"Yeah,you can, I don't mind at all"

"Alright,well I got to go, dad just called me for breakfast bye, see you later" I kind of lied.

"Later Sam"

He hangs up and my phone rings saying a message just arrived, it was the address, very close coffee shop, with that i head downstairs to prepare breakfast. I made pancake waffles (idk if they exist) which are my and dad's favorite,with bacon and eggs joined with orange juice or milk.

"Ooo are you making pancake waffles?" he laughed.

"Yeah" giving him a plate for him to serve at his liking.

"So who was that on the phone"

"Charlie,a guy I met at the concert,we are going to the coffee shop in less than an hour" i said hoping he wouldn't question me or tell my step mother about it. But i was wrong...

"How old is he?Where does he live?Is he a nice guy?" he asked.

"I don't know he looks my age,and I don't know where he lives but it must be close since the coffee shop is 3 blocks away and he is a really nice dad"I answered.

"Don't worry if you think I am going to date him anytime soon cause, come on dad, we just met" i said.

"Well then ok I won't" he sighed.

We sat down to eat a bit since I wanted to have some room for the coffee i am about to drink with a delicious bagel.

-After Breakfast-

"Dad i'm leaving,the chicken Alfredo is in the microwave, when you get hungry"

"Alright hun thanks and have fun" he yelled from his car.

"I will thanks, bye"

And head down the path towards the side walk and walk to my next destination...

-10 minutes later-

I am now seated in a booth waiting for two coffees...

"Hey Sam"

"Hey charms, you won't mind if I already ordered for you?"

"No, I don't, I love this place" he said as he sat down.

"Alrighty, noted" I laughed.

Charlie's POV

I see her smile as she said that. She was beautiful, the way her lips moved when she talked.Her eyes...the way they shined with the morning sun...

"I'll be back,our coffees are ready" she said as they called out her name.

"Sit ,i got them" i said.

I got up and headed to the counter that separated us from the kitchen.

"Thank you ma'am"

"Your welcome have a great day"

"You too ma'am, thank you again"

Once I reached the table I noticed Sam staring at her phone with a sad face...

"Sam,what wrong?" i asked worriedly.

"I...my dad's in the hospital, someone tried to steal his car at work" she cried out.

"Let's go,i'll take you there" i offered quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-J.xx

Edited on: 11/24/20