Chapter 10 ('The Boss')

Sam's POV

The day passed like a blur, the stars are out and moon shines. I sit on my couch watching Grimm Season 4 trying to keep my mind off of Charlie.

He hasn't called or texted me back. I haven't told his Xavier yet cause he might be okay and i could be overreacting.

While Juliet was taking Diana with one of the royals, i hear a knock at the door. I put my tablet down and get up to open the door.

As i unlocked the last lock, the door burst open revealing a guy in his early 20's.

"Hello there, sweetheart" he greeted, closing the door behind him looking thru the window holding a gun.

"Who are you? And what do you want?" i said breathing hard.

"Let just say i am a good friend of Charlie boy" he smirked.

"Yeah like i would believe you" i said almost scared which i was but I wasn't going to show it.

"Yeah if he does the job he suppose to, you live alright?"

"Not sure about that, police are out side and there are cameras around the house" i said.

"Very smart are we now huh, hahaha look there's no one around, and no footage as well" he laughed.

"Wait WHAT?!"

"Yup why would we want any evidence, we ain't that stupid you know" he said calmly.

"So you were sent here to kill me if Char....lie doesn't do the job?" i asked.

"Yup, so sit tight,1 sweetheart, we'll see what happens, mind if i watch tv?"

"Nope, go ahead" i said giving him the remote control.

Try to act cool. He's not going to kill you. He's just here. TO KILL ME! But act cool and don't make him mad. What if i run? Nah he'll just have people run after me until i am caught. What if i knock him out? Nah same result but yet i can go to the police station..
wait police have my keys and it will take time to look and dude will wake.

So i sit and chill until he's knocked out and head to the kitchen to make some food. Spaghetti.

"Hey(shake) sir wake up(shake, shake)"

"(Snort) wait...huh! what do you want?" he faced me.

"Hungry for spaghetti?" i pointed towards the kitchen.

"Yeah, sure"

We walked towards the dinning table and ate in silence. We just glanced at each other occasionally.

"So are you a normal member? Boss? Second in command?" i asked.

"I'm the boss' right hand" he said.

"Cool what kind of job does he have to do?"

"To be honest, i don't know" he kept eating.

"Oh" i said.

"Yeah, have any cheese?"

"Yeah i'll get it" and head to the fridge to get cheese and cream.

"Thanks"

"Your welcome"

"Are you a little scared of what might happen to you?"

"Yeah but i can't knock you out or run cause i ain't a good runner and you'll have the rest of your gang capture me and i wouldn't have time to look for my car keys either"

"Cool smart, your not stupid" he chuckled.

"Yeah thanks"

"Yup no problem"he said.

"So where do you come from?"

"Oh San Diego California"

"Ooo i heard it very nice there"i said.

"It is lots of hot girls there"

"Okay" i smiled awkwardly.

"Sorry but true" he chuckled.

"Yeah well there are really hot guys around here too, but you might know that already"

"Checking me out already huh?"

"Cocky much I see but no i was talking about Charlie and some other boys i have been with" i smiled.

"Oh I see...you do have an eye for bad boys" he laughed.

"What's that suppose to mean?"I gasped.

"Well aren't ya in love with Charlie here?...exactly point proven"

I just sat there not saying anything because I know he was right. I was in love with someone who is dangerous but who doesn't love a great spark.

Hours passed and we ended up arguing about superman and batman when his phone rang.

"Hello...okay got it boss...okay... buh bye"

"What happened?" I asked worriedly.

"Well...bad and good news"

"Bad then good"

"Well the boss told me not to tell you cause he wants to tell you in person which leads to the good news, you're not going to die" he said nervously looking at the ground.

"Well when is he coming?"

As of on cue there is a knock at the door. And i turn looking back at...

"Is that him...umm?"

"Oh name is Shawn and yeah"

I get up and open the door i let 'the boss' in and he tells me everything, handing me a very heavy package, making his way out.

"Thanks for not keeping this from me and i promise i won't tell anyone" i smiled weakly.

"Your welcome and when you need something don't be afraid to call okay?"

"Okay"

I close the door behind them then head to the living room, just sitting there, staring at the black screen on the tv.

Still not believing what happened tonight, why did he go? Why was I spared a life that he could've lived...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-J.xx

[Comment and Vote:)]

Edited on: 12/09/20