Chapter 11 (Blizzard)

-4 Months Later-

Samantha's POV

It was now second semester of school and i still haven't gotten over Charlie's death. I walked like a zombie from place to place. From lunch to class, from class to my car. Getting home to emptiness.

My family never knew i was in danger by a gang, good thing they were on a trip when everything happened, Xavier and his team were only knocked out during the incident.

I head towards my room and grab my phone to check messages and calls. Nothing.

I decide to do my homework with Spotify on. Hours pass before it is time to head to bed so i guess i'll make dinner for my father and i, since my stepmother is on a business trip in London. My brothers were at a sleep over.  

Hmm...Morisqueta? That sounds great. How about Chuletas? Even better. Chuletas it is. I grab my keys, wallet, phone and jacket and head out towards the car.

The trip to the Mexican store wasn't far, but the wind around me kept on picking up every minute, i got my 6 Chuletas and a pack of tortillas. I paid and headed home checking my phone for the weather. Damn i better hurry home.

***

I was making thr left turn to my house, when i had to stop in my tracks. Everything moved in slow motion when i saw a body on the pavement in front of me, I couldn't see clearly as snow had began to fall rapidly...are they dead?

"Excuse me, are you alright, do you need me to call an ambulance?" I approached cautiously as if I was afraid to discover a dead body.

No answer.

The snow continued picking up, wind harshly slapping me in the face as I continued towards them.

"You don't want to be here when the blizzard hits" i said.

They turned around, and we starebat each other's silhouettes for a few seconds, looking cold as they shivered, features of a man they appeared, I help them get up and walk to the passenger's side. I let them inside and rush to my side.

"May I know where you live? Or want me to take you to the nearest hospital?" i asked as I start to drive once again.

Still no answer.

"I'll just take you home for now, probably can't think right in this cold"

I blast the heater and turn on the seat warmers until we got home.

As we arrive i help him get out of the car and into my house with my bag. I lock it and see that my dad's car in the driveway. Thank God he's home. I open the door and let him in.

"Dad" i holler from the kitchen as I pored a glass of water for the man.

"Dad!...please sit down, I'll be right back with warm clothes and a blanket" i smiled, pointing to the couch in the living.

"Thank you" he spoke finally.

He took the glass of water and sat down looking around like he's lost something.

"You're very welcome"

I go up the stairs and search for clothes that my dad never wears. I walk out the closet when i bumped into something hard...

Stupid walls.

"Ow, man what the fuck"

I head to my room for a blanket.

"This one?"

"Nah, to thin"

"Aha this one" i take my wool one. With green leaves on it.