Chapter 12(Nutcracker)

-3 years later-

Sam's POV

These past few years have been amazeballs, me and Charlie started going out officially two months after he came back, I finally finished high school and working on my bachelor's degree for Archecture.

Today we're going on a trip to Ireland. We're going to our honey-moon there, he proposed to me at a small cafe when we were drinking coffee.

His plan was to propose to me at a picnic we had two weeks ago...before we got jacked by some dude. So yeah it changed things but i bet the joy would have been the same, i wouldn't have expect to say this before i turned 26 but I AM FINALLY MARRIED!

I was planning to get married at 26 and i am 21.

So we now we're enjoying the view from our hotel. Trying to make every memory possible and its working out just fine.

On a serious note, i am super nervous about my first time. Like I wouldn't know what to do or say...I don't think you say anything...fuck.

"Hey so we have a dinner reservation at 7:00, what do you want to do?" wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I don't really know, haha" i laughed
.

"Well we can go check out the play that's about to start, called umm...'The NutCracker"he said.

"Oh my God yes i loved to go to that when my mother was still here"

Oh how i miss her, we did everything together, baked, biked, walked, absolutely everything since most of the time my father was working. But everything changed when she left us. She is in a better place now, i guess.

"We don't have to go if you don't want to" he smiled.

"We should go, it would make me feel like she's here with me" i say.

"Alright"

So we end up going and having a great time. I always have liked the part of where the sugar plum fairies dance across the stage.

"So how was it?" he smiled.

"It was amazing" i squealed.

"Haha bet it was"

"Yeah, how the Nutcracker came to life, and the dancing was epic"

So we kept talking about what happened in the play, plus other parts we liked about it.

***

"Ready!"

"Set"

"Go!!"

We raced down to the elevator and i lost by it a bit but ehh i gave it my best.

"Hahha that was fun, we should do that again often" i laughed my ass off.

"Yeah totally when we get home lets race from your house to the park"

"Yeah or a shorter distance, i can't run for that long"

"Fine your house to the grocery store"

"Yup you'll eat my dust" i said.

We went down to the restaurant we had our reservation in and chat about what else we could do for the days we're here.

Suddenly we were shined upon with a display of fireworks out the left window from where we were eating. As incredible as it looked it came to an end and we headed back to the hotel.

***

We arrived at the hotel and were about to enter when he pulls me aside.

"I wanna show you something" he said.

"What is it"

"You'll see, just put this on"

He hands me a blindfold, looking at it for a second before he quickly places it over my eyes.

"Now your hand"

He takes my hands and pulls me away. Minutes pass before he suddenly let's my hand go and I stop walking.

"Charlie?"

No Answer.

I wait a few moments before I feel someone untie the blindfold. As so as it's off my eyes I'm amazed by the scenario in front of me.

Fairy lights all around dangling from two trees on either side, a trail of bright pink rose petals that led up to a small hut decorated in in white thin sheets and more fairy lights.

I walked closer and all I could see at the base of the hut was red and purple rose petals surrounded by white pillows.

"When did you have time for this?"

"Took me 6 months to plan" he laughed.

As I sat down with Charlie following as well, I looked around once more and this time I noticed the lake that outstretched in the night, the moon shining upon it.

"Oh my gosh, it's beautiful, I love you"

I look at him and smiled, giving him a kiss.

How did I get so lucky. I mean yeah we had a problem had to solve, which almost costed us our lives but how did we end up here. Happy. In love. And living life to the fullest.

All I know is that I didn't give up on him and I'm grateful because now I have an amazing husband and who knows maybe even later, have children...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-J.xx

Edited on: 12/15/20