Chapter 18, Truth

The Next Day, Lucy's Pov, 

I was dressed up in a fancy pink dress as I was about to meet my father in his company office. Natsu would be waiting outside as we was in the waiting room. "Sure I can't go in with you?" Natsu asked worried as he passed me my Aunt Aquarius's journal. I shook my head, taking a deep breath. "This is something I need to do" I answered as Natsu looked at me worried. He worried for me to much but I had no choice. I needed answers... I needed the truth. It was going to be hard to get it from my father but I knew when he was lying.

I knew when he was hiding something. I grew up with his lies after all. "Mr Heartfilla will see you now" the woman at the desk looked at me. I got up and walked into my fathers office. The doors closing behind me as I gripped the journal. Father looked at me, sitting at his desk. He looked like he was expecting me. "I want the truth about my mothers death" I spat out shocking him. He looked at me with guilt shinning in his eyes as I walked up to the desk placing the journal on it. "Aquarius found it she was murdered, it's why she is dead" I then snapped upset.

My father picked up the journal looking through. He sweat-dropped and then looked at me. "Lucy I beg you to stop looking through this, it took me years to get you and Gray off their kill lists" father sounded worried and scared as I just glared at him. He sighed standing up, turning around to face a huge window. "Mard Geer, is a powerful man in the black market, your mother could of got him arrested" father started to explain as my heart started to brake. I listened to how Mard Geer wanted me and Gray dead...

How my father pays him money once a year to make sure he didn't come after us. I ended up shaking as I grabbed the journal. "Your best option is to let it drop Lucy" father then looked at me. He wasn't lying. I saw the worry in his eyes. I was scared to even look away from him. "Y-you knew this whole time" I whispered my eyes watering a little as my father just sighed, nodding. He knew... He knew and in the end he was protecting me and Gray. "I won't stop, Mard Geer has to pay for hurting this family" I nearly shouted as my fathers eyes widen.

They had fear in them. "Lucy he will kill you and everyone you care for" father nearly shouted. His room was sound proof thank god. I just glared at him. The fact is, I was upset he didn't get revenge. "The people I care for can handle themselves" I replied turned around slowly walking my way to the door. I gripped the journal as my heart was in pain. As I opened the door I took a deep breath. "Watch where you step daughter" my father nearly shouted as I left. Natsu got up and looked at me worried. I walked over to him taking another deep breath.

"Your pale" Natsu whispered putting his hand on my cheek. I gave Natsu a small smile as we left the building and got in Natsu's car. We was on our way home. I told Natsu everything I was told shocking him. "I got your back Lucy, not matter what" Natsu made me smile and calm down. My heart was hurting less knowing I had him. I knew out of everyone, Jellal and Erza could handle themselves. Soon as Natsu and I got home I went to our room changing out of the dress into a pink tank top with blue jeans. I hated to wear the fancy dresses.

I really hated it. Natsu soon came into the room, walking over to me. "Sure your ok?" Natsu asked as I smiled, giving him a quick kiss. "Im fine" I answered as he nodded, playing with my hair with one hand with his other arm pulled me close to him. I put my hands on his shoulders as I smiled more. "You worry to much" I pointed out as Natsu gave me his signature smirk. "I have reason, Mrs Dragneel" Natsu replied as I giggled. Natsu pulled me into a deep kiss. I kissed back, melting into the kiss. The kiss soon turned passionate as my phone started to go off.

I pulled away as Natsu let out a small growl. "Can't we just talk to them later?" Natsu asked/begged pushing me into the wall, pinning me there. Natsu started to kiss up and down my neck making me bit my bottom lip. "Natsu I gotta answer it" I whispered part of me not wanting him to stop. Natsu sucked and gently bit down on parts of my neck. He wasn't going to let me answer. My phone stopped going off as Natsu stopped kissing my neck, looking at me with a smirk. Lust in his eyes. "Your all mine for the rest of today" Natsu then whispered.

I giggled a little as Natsu pressed his lips on mine.... It wasn't a bad day in the end after all.....

Meanwhile Levy's Pov, 

I couldn't get through to Lucy. She wasn't picking up her phone or replying to my texts. Most likely Natsu's doing. "I hope she's ok" Mira mumbled as we all only nodded. Gray had just woken up, everyone but Natsu and Lucy was outside his hospital room. We was waiting for the doctor to come out saying we could see Gray. "JUVIA NEEDS HER GRAY-SAMA" Juvia started screaming outside the room as I looked through the window to see Gray laughing. I smiled seeing he was alright. He wasn't going to like hearing where Lucy went.

He was going to murder Natsu and the rest of us. The doctor soon came out looking at us all. "You may talk to him for the next hour, we will be doing more tests then" the doctor walked off as we all rushed into the room seeing Gray. He was sitting up in his bed, smiling at Juvia as she rushed over sitting on the bed next to Gray, pulling him into a hug. "JUVIA WAS WORRIED" Juvia screamed as Gray hugged her back. All of us looked at them with smiles. They was such a cute couple. It was amazing. "Where's Lucy?" Gray then asked.

"She went to see you father" I answered as Gray's smile dropped. He looked at me hoping I was lying as I rubbed the back of my neck. "AND YOU LET HER?" Gray screamed upset as Gajeel moved in front of me, crossing his arms. "We couldn't stop her" Mira then mumbled as Gray sighed, calming himself down.... I knew he wasn't going to be happy but Juvia always calmed him down.....