Chapter 24, Worried

Lucy's Pov, 

Natsu and I rushed to the hospital, bad thoughts rushing in and out of my mind. I was shaking as Natsu parked outside. We soon got out the car rushing inside to the front desk. "Michelle and Elfman Strauss?" I asked worried and scared as the woman typed fast on the computer. "Floor 10, room 30 and room 31" the woman then answered as Natsu and I rushed to the lift. We soon headed up the floor 10, running down the hallway to room 30. We rushed inside to see Gray hugging Michelle. "WHAT HAPPENED?" I screamed scared my eyes watering.

"Just a drunk driver Lucy" Michelle answered calming like nothing happened. I rushed over, hugging her tightly. I was worried a hell. "How can you sound so calm?" I asked my voice cracking a little. "Lucy calm down, Im fine alright" Michelle chuckled as we pulled away. Natsu went to the other room, must to check on Elfman. I sat on the bed next to my sister. "W-what happened?" I then asked as Michelle just smiled at me. "A drunk driver that's all, all I got is a broken leg sis" Michelle replied acting all calm.

That wasn't right. Michelle was over emotional. There had to be something else. I only nodded, knowing trying to find out now wasn't the best option. "Im gonna check on Elfman for you" I then got up as Michelle nodded, smiling brightly. I then left the room and headed into the room next door to see Mira and Natsu inside. Elfman had a cast around his arm. "Hey Lucy" Elfman smiled this way as I smiled back. "Im so glad you both are alright" I then replied as Mira nodded, agreeing. "Just some drunk driver that's all" Elfman then explained.

Just like Michelle, he wasn't acting like his normal self. I knew questioning Michelle or Elfman wouldn't get me anywhere right now. The best idea was to let them heal. Mira then hugged her brother tightly. "When I find out who this drunk driver was" Mira had a dark aura around her then Erza got when she was upset. Without Laxus here she was very deadly. "Mira your going to stop his breathing" I informed her as I saw her grip around Elfman get tighter. She soon let go and gave her sweet giggle as she said sorry to her brother.

A doctor came in asking us to leave as he was doing test on Elfman. We had to listen. I went back to Michelle's room to see Gray about to leave. "Talk later sis" he muttered upset pushing past me. I was knocked backwards a little into someone as I turned my head to see Natsu. He was glaring at Gray's back as he was walking away. "What's with him?" Natsu asked upset. "He is always like that around this time of year, it's why me and him are normally locked up at home" I answered/explained as I saw Natsu didn't like my answer.

I headed in the room with Natsu behind me. "Gray still not a Christmas person" Michelle sighed right away as we sat in the chairs next to her bed. She had a look of guilt in her eyes. She said something to him. "Yes well it's hard for him to change" I replied as Michelle nodded with a sad smile. Something was badly bugging her. I was very confused on what. "Elfman is alright by the way, just a broken arm" Natsu then informed me and Michelle. Michelle nodded, giving out a sigh of relief. She was holding back her emotions.

Why? That wasn't like her at all. "Now Natsu you better be treating my sister well" Michelle soon glared at him, but her voice was in a threatening way like she would normally do. This worried me. "I promise I am" Natsu replied as I smiled at him. We soon left after visiting hours were over. It was night as we left the hospital, heading to the car. Natsu had his arm around me, he kissed my forehead. "They are hiding something" Natsu mumbled. "I know and Gray knows what" I replied thinking. I had to know.

I had to know the reason why they was acting that way. "We will question Gray when he calms down" Natsu then opened the car door for me. I smiled at nodded as I got inside. Natsu closed the door as he went to his side. Something was bugging them both. Only one thing popped into my mind that could be the reason. Father. He always had an affect on them both. On Michelle and Gray. Gray would be more moody and mean. Michelle would hide her emotions not to worry me. It had to be his fault. It was the only reason I could think of.

We got home not long afterwards and headed inside to see Igneel and Mavis laughing in the living room. "No telling Mavis" I whispered to Natsu who nodded. Zeref soon walked over, his left eyebrow raise. "Tell you later" I whispered to Zeref, knowing he heard. He then nodded as he headed into the living room. I then took a deep breath as Natsu hugged me from behind. "It will be alright Lucy" Natsu whispered. "I hope so" I whispered back, hoping, begging that Natsu was right....