Chapter 3

Frisk POV

As I walked through the ruins, I thought about my previous genocide route. I couldn't believe I had done all that. Why would I ever even consider murder as a possibility? I shook my head.

Idiot. Why would you dare to murder these innocent people?

Speaking of innocent people...

I looked around again. I had already made it halfway through the ruins and Toriel still hadn't shown up. This worried me. I had never experienced a timeline where somebody just didn't turn up. Where was she?

Just as I was about to keep walking, an echoing screech penetrated the silent air around me. I fell to the ground, partly because of the intensity of the noise, and also because the floor started violently shaking.

I tried to shout, to stand, to do anything, but I couldn't. It was like the whole world was about to collapse. Then, just as suddenly as it had began, everything stopped.

I carefully looked up. Just a few feet in front of me was a giant black crack in the ground. This crack ran across my path and even up to the ceiling above. There was nothing in it. Just an empty black void.

If anything had confirmed my suspicions that this timeline was wrong, this definitely did.

Slowly, carefully, I stepped over the crack and continued onwards, determined to find out what was going on.

Sans POV

It wasn't Papyrus that woke me up. Usually when I take my midday naps, he usually comes and makes me get up and start working again, but today something else startled me out of sleep. Just as I was about ready to wake up and head to the Ruins door, a loud, piercing screech filled the air, making every living thing in sight cringe and try to block it out. Monsters everywhere started yelling, and running to escape the horrible noise. Then, to make things worse, everything started to shake.

In all my experience with previous timelines, nothing like this had ever happened before.

Once the screeching had stopped and the ground had steadied, I noticed something much worse. Cracks, some big, some small, we're scattered throughout the area. It was almost as if everything was falling apart. I was about to go take a look, when I saw Papyrus marching towards me.

"Sans! What did you do?"

I looked at him, confused.

"whaddya mean?"

"I mean, what was that loud sound? And why are there cracks everywhere? I figure you must know, considering you usually have the answer to these types of questions."

"i dunno," I said looking at the cracks. "but I'll take a crack at solving it."

"UUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!" Papyrus stomped his foot in frustration. "Now is not the time for puns!"

"aw, c'mon! my jokes are always punderful."

"SANS STOP"

"really? one of those jokes had to have tickled your funny bone!"

"Sans, I'm leaving," Papyrus said as he marched off.

"bye, bro," I said. I knew I needed to get up and take a look at whatever happened, but my laziness overtook me. I yawned and mentally left myself a note to check out those weird rifts when I woke up. And with that, I fell back asleep.

3rd Person POV

"Hello?"

The Doctor poked his head out of the TARDIS and surveyed the area. Nothing was wrong. No hostile creatures were at his doorstep, waiting to attack him. He hadn't accidentally broken into a high security vault again, (That was a fun adventure) No, everything around him seemed perfectly normal.

All except for the massive cracks.

The Doctor stepped out of his machine and walked straight up to one of them.

He hadn't seen anything like this before. They seemed fresh, like they had just barely been formed.

I really hope I didn't do that,

At that moment, a small vibration from inside his pocket startled him. He pulled out a small sonic screwdriver from inside and examined it carefully, trying to figure out what was wrong. As soon as he pointed it at the door, it's tip lit up.

Grinning wildly, The Doctor stuffed the screwdriver back and raced off.