Chapter 10

3rd person POV

When Sans and Frisk returned to the house and entered, they were met with a very... interesting sight.

The Doctor, looking very confused, was sitting at the head of a very long table. In front of him were hundreds of plates of spaghetti piled on top of each other, just waiting to be eaten. As they looked around the room, they heard a shout from the kitchen.

"You know, Undyne taught me the quickest way to make friends is to give them spaghetti! I've had these ones saved up just for an occasion like this one!"

The Doctor looked at them and shook his head in confusion, causing Frisk to burst into laughter. Papyrus heard the sound and rushed into the room.

"Human! Have you come to enjoy my delicious spaghetti also? My new friend has been helping me test my new recipe!"

Before Frisk could answer, Sans spoke up.

"wow, bro. looks like you've managed to pasta side your differences. good job."

"Of course I have! And... wait." He glared suspiciously at Sans. "Was that a pun?"

"yup. a pretty sauceum one at that."

"Sans! Stop it!"

"yeah. you're right. these puns are spaghetting ridiculous."

"You're ruining this!" Papyrus huffed. "I must go finish the last few plates. I hope you have the decency to not plague our guest with your ridiculous jokes!" He began to storm back into the kitchen when the Doctor stopped him.

"Actually, Papyrus, I don't think I can handle more spaghetti," he said. Papyrus stared at him for a moment before breaking out into a huge grin.

"Wowie! You liked my spaghetti so much you can't even bear to take one more bite?"

The Doctor nodded slowly. "Yep."

"Well, in that case, I suppose I'm going to have to save it for when you are hungry!" He walked over and began taking the leftover spaghetti to the refrigerator for later. Meanwhile, the Doctor walked over to Sans and Frisk.

"So, you're Sans, right?" He said smiling. "I'm the Doctor, nice to meet you. I've actually been sent by a friend of yours to get something. You wouldn't mind letting me take it to him?"

"which friend? it gets hard to keep track of everybody down here sometimes." Sans said with a wink, which was about as expressive as he could get.

"His name is Gerson," The Doctor said, glancing at Frisk for confirmation. They nodded and Sans gave a small laugh.

"yeah, i think i know what he wants. i'm surprised he still remembers it, considering his memory isn't quite what it used to be. stay here," Sans walked out of the house, leaving The Doctor and Frisk behind. After a few moments, he walked back in, clutching what appeared to be a badge in his hand. He held it out to the Doctor who took it.

"What is that?" Frisk asked, standing on tiptoe to get a good look. Engraved on the front of the badge were the words CORE CONSTRUCTION OFFICIAL.

"it's a badge that used to belong to a friend of mine. gerson knew him too, even though he doesn't remember."

The Doctor nodded and was about to put the badge in his pocket, when it suddenly glowed blue and flew out of his grasp.

"Wait-" he began before noticing Sans' outstretched hand glowing the same color.

"not so fast, doc," he said, "listen, you seem pretty smart. and we need help. something is up with the timeline here and neither me nor frisk know why. if you help us figure out what's going on, i'll let you take the badge."

The Doctor frowned. "It wont be easy. I need that badge so I can fix my screwdriver. Without it, helping will be a lot more difficult."

"but i don't know if when you get it, you'll just take off and not help." Sans said simply. "help us out and i'll give it to you. have we got a deal?" He asked, stretching out his other hand to the Doctor.

After a few moments, he spoke. "Deal." They shook hands, and the mission to discover what was wrong with the world began.