Chapter 7

3rd Person POV

Overall, things were running pretty smoothly this time around. Frisk hid behind the conveniently shaped lamp, Sans made jokes, and Papyrus complained as usual. However, neither Frisk nor Sans could shake the feeling of dread that had plagued them so far. Time went on. Papyrus made puzzles, Frisk completed them, and Sans stood and watched. But still the cracks remained and only got worse and worse. Nobody knew what they were, how they got there, or why they were there. Eventually, Frisk reached Snowdin. Before they could enter the town, Sans stopped them.

"hey kid," he said smiling. "listen, as much as i'd love to believe you've really changed, i still need to remind you. if you dare to hurt my brother..." His eyesockets went dark, sending chills down Frisk's spine.

"you're gonna have a bad time."

He teleported out of sight. Frisk sighed and walked into the town.

Sans didn't really have anything to worry about. Even if he hadn't threatened Frisk, they had no intention to hurt Papyrus. They spared him and even went on a date with him afterwards. Just like a perfect pacifist route. Sans met back up with them in Waterfall.

"heh, good job kid. you took my advice."

Frisk gave him a confused look.

"what? do you want me to take you to grillby's or somethin?" He asked. Frisk nodded. "sorry kiddo. not this time around. i've got something i need to do." He teleported away. Frisk frowned, but continued onwards.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The Doctor didn't waste any time in following the signal from his screwdriver again. He began to run as fast as he could, following the signal wherever it took him. He was going so fast, he barely noticed the air growing colder around him or the water splashing under his feet. Suddenly, the sonic started to flicker.

The Doctor stopped running abruptly.
"No no no no no..." he said pressing the button several times in hopes to keep the signal alive. "This is not good. This is really not good."

Eventually, the signal stopped completely. The Doctor gave a sigh of frustration, stuffed the screwdriver back into his jacket and took a look around. He was in a small hallway with a door to his right and a path to his left. The door had a sign hanging above it with words written on it in a strange language. Because of the TARDIS' language processing capabilities and his own knowledge of many different languages, The Doctor could tell it said Gerson's Shop.

Well, it wasn't like he was going anywhere with his sonic not working.

He stuffed his hands in his pockets and walked into the shop. A short, turtle-like monster, Gerson apparently, was standing behind the counter, closely examining some strange objects through a magnifying glass. He had one eye closed tightly and many missing teeth. The Doctor cleared his throat to get Gerson's attention. He looked up.

"So, you're the person Undyne was telling me about, huh?"

The Doctor raised an eyebrow. "Sorry?" He asked.

Gerson gave a bark of laughter. "Undyne. Y'know, the girl who would really like to kill you right now?"

"Oh, yes. Her. I tend to lose track of how many people want to kill me. It's sort of a habit I get into." He looked at a piece of metal that Gerson was examining. "Would you mind telling me what that is?"

"Neat, huh? I found it behind some person's house in Snowdin. Looks like part of a machine or something? I'm not too sure," Gerson scratched his head. The Doctor leaned over to examine the metal.

"Titanium alloy, usually used for battery enhancement. Could also be used for temperature monitoring. I've got a piece of this in the TARDIS." He looked up at Gerson. "How much for the piece of metal?"

Gerson laughed again. "You wouldn't be able to afford it. Not with monster gold anyway, however..." He grinned. "If you do a favor for me, I might be able to reduce the price. Just for you."