[Chapter 6] The Battle

-Sam's POV-

After about twenty miles covered by foot, Ian's army finally stepped onto the field where Anthony's army already was, waiting for them. They had their swords ready to swing, their bows ready to shoot, and their cannons ready to blow.

I scanned the front row of the crowd, and to my surprise, Rachael wasn't there. Only Anthony stood there, surrounded by his men. But she was here, I could sense it. I just didn't see her.

I watched as Ian and Anthony walked into the center of the field and exchanged a few words. Anthony positioned his tomahawk as Ian put his sword at the ready. Both of them then went onto shout, "CHARGE!"

That's when everything happened. Ian's army and Anthony's army both ran into the field, ready to engage in combat. Anthony and Ian started fighting. Clanks of swords and screams of injured people filled the air as explosions happened here and there. I stayed back, not knowing what to do. I wanted to run, so I turned around to see Rachael, though she was a good distance away. I ran up to her and saw, well, not her. Her eyes glowed red. Her hair was a dark brown color. And her used-to-be tattered dress was now black with glowing red embers lining the tears and holes. She didn't look like Rachael, but she was Rachael.

"Rachael! Why aren't you out there? And why are you like...that?" I questioned, referring to her outfit.

She didn't answer me, only looked at the battle that was taking place nearly a mile away.

"Rachael?"

Her attention turned to me, "My sister's out there."

"Yeah...she's fighting with Ian," I informed her, though I'm pretty sure she already knew that, "She said she's going to win by her dying. Is that true?"

She ignored me and started walking past me, "Hey!" I yelled at her, "Where are you going?"

She shot a glance back at me, "I'm not letting her die. Neither of us are dying today."

"But then the prophecy..."

"I don't give a shit about the prophecy. My sister means more to me than some stupid prophecy you claim to be making happen." She remarked before spinning around and rushing into the battlefield.

I ran after her, only to see that all the people in her path were flown to the side, and their necks snapped by the demons of the world she came from. She approached was Ian and Anthony, who had stopped fighting to look at her.

Anthony's POV-

I looked over Hecox's shoulder to see a row of people being killed instantaneously. I dropped my tomahawk to my side and caught Hecox's sword in my hand before it could touch my neck. My hand began to drip with blood as I saw Rachael slowly come towards me. Her eyes were red and she now wore a black dress that seemed to be on fire. Ian turned around and saw her too.

She walked up to me and put me up into the air, strangling me by the neck in a way like Darth Vader. "Where is my sister?" She inquired, her voice deeper and serious.

"She...she..." I tried to keep whatever was strangling me away from my neck, but it was pathetic, I couldn't see it, "She's over there..." I weakly pointed to where her sister stood alone, watching what was happening in horror.

She followed my trembling hand and dropped me to the ground, running over to her sister and hugging her tightly, starting to cry. I coughed a few times before being able to breath normally again.

"Who was that?" Hecox asked me.

I got to my feet and shook my head, "She was a girl I loved. Now...I don't know her."

"What's her name?"

"Rachael. She's a witch."

He laughed, "That's weird. Because the girl she's hugging there," He pointed to the two sister's who were now talking to each other, "Her name's Natalie and..." His eyes widened, "They're...they're the ones who are going to die today."

"I...I know," I said, spinning the tomahawk in my hand before bolting towards the two of them. "No!" Hecox shouted as he tried to stop me. But I was too quick. Rachael turned around and saw me before I swung my tomahawk at her and impaled her right in the chest. Her jaw dropped as she turned back into her normal self, with blonde hair, her blue eyes, and her tattered, dirty white dress. I pulled the tomahawk out of her chest and she crippled to the ash-covered ground. All fighting stopped as they saw what happened.

I dropped my tomahawk to the ground, realizing what I just did. I didn't know what came over me. The other shrieked in terror, "No!" She fell to her knees and cried over her sister's dead body, "YOU FUCKING BASTARD!" She cried, standing up and extending her hand out. I didn't know what she was doing, until from above me, Hecox's sword flew and landed in her hand. She kicked me to the ground and stood over me, "This is for killing my sister, Padilla." She was about to stab me in the heart when I grabbed my tomahawk and cut her legs. She fell to the ground and I stood up, stabbing her in the chest with the tomahawk.

Hecox screamed at the top of his lungs and ran over to the other witch, who had fallen next to her sister. He looked up at me, his eyes red and tears streaming down his cheeks. "I fucking hate you!" He screamed as he picked up his sword and ran for me. I stuck out my tomahawk and we started fighting, and that started a spark of war again between everyone. As I was about to swing at Hecox, some girl got in front of me.

-Sam's POV-

"Stop it! Both of you!" I screamed. They both stopped in their tracks. "This not like you two! You're not a murderer," I pointed my finger at Anthony, "And he isn't your enemy! He's your best friend!" I told Ian, talking about Anthony.

"No friend of mine would kill Natalie," He argued. Just then, some blue light emanated from the distance. And out came a woman followed by someone very familiar, my brother.

"Samantha Graceffa?" The woman called, "I'm afraid I can't let you continue to fulfill your prophecy."