[Chapter 7] Team Up

-Sam's POV-

I gulped, "Umm...who are you? And...and why do you have my brother with you?" I knew it was Joey. Even though he looked different, like Rachael did when she was wearing that black dress and had red eyes, I knew it was him.

He crossed his arms over his chest as the woman answered, "My name is Idris. I'm the head witch, the witch Rachael and Natalie both worked for..." She approached the two dead bodies that were laying side by side, their fronts stained red and their eyes closed. She looked at them for a while before turning away, "It's such a shame they died...they were two of my best."

"Head witch?" Anthony retorted, bending down and picking up the dead Rachael in his arms.

"You really should've treated her better, Anthony," Idris remarked, starting to circle the two of them. Anthony looked...conflicted. It was like he wanted to cry, but he knew he couldn't. It was wrong to have thought this at the time, but I thought it was sort of cute.

He set Rachael on the ground and stood up, "I couldn't..."

Idris put her finger up to Anthony's lip, "Don't tell me you couldn't help yourself. She was just doing as I told her to do. To keep you from ever remembering your past. You're strong enough to do so, Anthony, you really are. But Rachael knew what she was doing, and she did just what I wanted."

"And what is that?" He snapped back.

Before an argument between the two of them could lead to another war between everybody, I butted in and inquired, "Why can't I fulfill the prophecy, Idris?"

She averted her attention to me, "Well, if you were listening, I said I didn't want these two to unite. Wow...Natalie was right, you are stupid for the prophecy..."

I frowned at her negative comment towards me. But I knew if I let it get the best of me, I wouldn't be getting any closer to the fulfillment of the prophecy. So, I calmed myself down and asked, "May I ask why you don't want them to unite?"

She crossed her arms, "Because. The way they are now is the only way for me to stay in power. For us to stay in power. When you pathetic humans were in control of the world for more than two thousand years, we witches were cast in the shadows. With the world destroyed and only a select few humans still alive, we witches can finally be superior!"

I stared at her, dumbfounded, "So this is about power? I thought my mission was to reunite the two of them and restore the world!"

"It is," Joey added, "But...we can't let you do that."

"What happened to you?" I asked Joey, "Is this what happened when you left mom and me? When were you a witch?"

"It's a wizard," He snapped back.

The two of us started arguing. But out of the corner of my eye, I happened to notice Idris dragging away Rachael and Natalie's corpses.

"Hey!" Ian, Anthony, and I all shouted in unison. She ignored us though, and eventually disappeared into thin air. Joey pushed me to the ground as he ran away and also disappeared. I got to my feet as Anthony and Ian walked to where the Idris and Joey had gone.

I caught up to them, "Hey, did you know her?"

The two of them shook their heads no. Just then, I heard the sound I heard when Rachael walked through the crowd behind me. The three of us turned around to see all the soldier's dead on the ground, all their necks snapped by unseen forces.

"Oh my god!" Ian shouted, "What the fuck just happened?"

"I...I don't know," Anthony stuttered, walking towards the scene.

I found this my opportunity to finally bring them together. They both were in sort of the same situation. And that witch was only an obstacle, which I have overcome...or so I hope.

"Hey, uh...since we are the last ones...maybe we could team up?" I suggested with great uncertainty. The two of them shot me a look of that rang, "Are you kidding me?"

Ian laughed, "You're crazy if you think I can stand being near this d-bag for more than one minute without wanting to chop his head off."

Anthony glared at him, "Well...you're no better, Hecox."

The two of them started arguing once again. I waited as patiently as I could for the two of them to stop bickering, but they just kept going. And going. And going. That's when I snapped.

"LOOK!" I shouted, "I'M NOT GOING TO ENJOY BEING WITH YOU TWO, EITHER. BUT YOU NEED TO FUCKING REMEMBER WHO YOU WERE TWO YEARS AGO SO WE CAN GET EVERYTHING BACK TO THE WAY IT SHOULD BE! YOU TWO WERE BEST FRIENDS, WHO WOULD NEVER EVEN THINK ABOUT HURTING ONE ANOTHER! SO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET YOUR ASSES TOGETHER, WE'RE GOING TO FIND SOMEWHERE TO STAY!" By the end of my meltdown, I was out of breath and my face felt hot.

Anthony gulped, "I..I guess we can stay at my place, seeing as it's the most stable, structurally."

"And I guess I can bring in the food me and my army have been saving up," Ian added.

I smiled, "Great. Now let's get going!"

The two of them went their separate ways. As I went to turn around, I saw Rachael standing in the middle of the battlefield. I had to rub my eyes to make sure I wasn't just seeing things, but even after, she was still there.

I walked up to her, "Rachael?"

"I can't stay and talk for long, but you're doing the right thing, bringing them together, okay?" She told me, "Samantha, I'm not here right now. I'm in my world. But to succeed, you need to remember not to succumb to love, okay? That's what I did. And it is not any help."

"Succumb to love?"

She looked over her shoulder, "Shit," She mumbled under her breath before returning her attention to me, "Samantha, you need you listen to me. Do not, I repeat, do not forget what the prophecy states."

"But..."

"I know what I said before, but do not..." Whoosh. She disappeared.

"Rachael?" I started turning in circles, "Rachael!?!"

Author's Note: Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter. Please give me your feedback, it really helps. Thanks for reading! -rac06h10ael