[Chapter 12] Assembling The Troops

-Sam's POV-

I looked away, out the window, not wanting to look at Natalie's corpse. It was disintegrating, just like her sister's, who in fact was now almost to nothing but dust. It was disgusting.

"Samantha? Are you alright?" I heard Ian's voice call up from downstairs.

I built up the courage to respond to him, "Yeah...I'm fine."

"Oh, alright," He replied before starting up the stairs, "Hey, I..."

I rushed down and met him halfway, making sure he didn't get any further, "What?" I didn't want him seeing Natalie. Not just yet.

"Uh, I was going to ask if you want to come with me and Natalie to get my men from the east. You know, so we can talk more about this whole prophecy thing," He told me.

"Sure," I replied, grabbing his hand and starting down the stairs, "How about we go now?"

"But what about Natalie?" He looked back, "Natalie!" He called, "Come on! We're going!"

"She's really tired," I told him, hoping he'd believe me, "She's taking a nap."

He gave me a perplexed look, "She's taking a nap?" He repeated, disbelief tinting his tone, "Right now? When we need to be taking down Idris?"

I nodded my head.

He rolled his eyes, "Whatever. Let's go. It's going to take a while."

He walked back down and I sighed in relief - he believed me. I glanced over my shoulder quickly before follwing Ian down the stairs, only to have a tomahawk swung in front of me. I shrieked as Anthony smirked in pleasure. I gave him a glare as he started to laugh. I smacked him in the face before walking out of the castle and catching up to Ian.

-Anthony's POV-

"Ouch!" I called out to Samantha as she rushed out of my castle. I rubbed my cheek and saw that Samantha's brother was making his way over to me.

"Hey, so, how are you going to get your troops to work with Ian's?" He inquired.

I sighed and stuck my tomahawk into the cement floor, creating a small crack, "Who's Ian?" That's when I remembered Ian was Hecox, "Wait...never mind. Answering your question, I'll have to trick them into that."

"And how's that possible?" He retorted, "The only reason your men stayed with you and continue to stay with you, Anthony, is because 1) you gave them the hope of surviving and 2) Rachael's powers to persuade people. You would have no army if it wasn't for those two factors."

"Nu-huh!" I yelled at him.

He smirked, "Come on, are you serious? Who would want to follow someone like you?" I crossed my arms over my chest in an attempt to restrain myself from pounding him. And the only reason I'm not doing it right here and right now is because he's supposed to help me get everything back to normal. And hopefully that means bringing Rachael back. And...even Natalie for Hecox, even if he is my enemy. "You're a monster, Anthony. And Rachael and Kalel only fell in love with you because they were stupid and didn't know what they were getting themselves into."

"Hey!" I shot my finger at him, "That's not true. Both of them were very smart!"

He shook his head, "Whatever, Anthony. Think what you want to think. But, come, I'll help you get your troops to cooperate."

"Why are you helping me anyways?" I inquired as I followed him outside as he banged two pots he found by the fireplace together, getting everyone to congregate in the center of our "community."

"Hey!" Joey yelled to my people, ignoring my question. "Okay, hi. I'm Joey. And you all are Anthony's army, right?" They all nodded their heads in almost perfect unison. I've never seen my people this obedient. Maybe it has to do with that witchcraft shit I vowed myself not to get into. "You guys need to help me with something. I need you to work with Ian's army, okay?"

Not a word was said from anybody. The only sound was the very faint sound of the passing breeze.

"Who's...who's Ian?" One of the men questioned.

"Sorry," Joey retorted, "I forgot. You guys know him as Hecox."

That caused an uproar. Conversations between people began, shouts and yells of detest were thrown at Joey, but he didn't care. He just stood there, patiently waiting for them to comply. Everyone suddenly silenced and I saw a grin grow on Joey's face, "Are you going to help me and Anthony or not?"

"Yes, Joey," They all recited in unison. Yep...he's definitely using witchcraft.

-Ian's POV-

I stepped over the scorched earth, constantly looking for my base where my people fled to. Despite how many times I've crossed this land, the barrenness made it seem like an endless plane, and I was starting to feel like I was lost. Nothing was really spoken between Samantha and me. In fact, she was eerily silent, and I noticed her constantly looking at me.

"Ian?" She croaked out of the blue.

"Yes, Sam?"

"Natalie's not taking a nap..." She tilted her head down and frowned, "She killed herself." My heart almost stopped when I heard her say that. She had to be kidding, right? "She said in order for the prophecy to happen, she needed to go. That she was a problem."

"No..." I shook my head, "That can't be. She died on the battlefield! She never said anything about dying twice!" Sam sighed, but I just continued angrily, "Maybe when she told me she was going to die she meant then...oh I don't..."

Just then, before I could get any angrier, one of my men approached me, "Sir, they've gone mad! Your people. They've gone crazy without you here! Please! Come help!"

I gave a quick glance at Sam before jogging into my base, which was in ruins. And this time I don't think it was Padilla's army at fault. People were running back and forth, small fires burned everywhere, and there was mass chaos. Where was Natalie when I needed her?

"EVERYONE!" I yelled. All the commotion came to a halt as I walked towards everyone, "What the fuck has gotten into you guys? We're a team, not enemies!" That sparked a heated argument between everyone. I screamed at the top of my lungs, silencing everyone. "Shut up! I'm your leader, and you're going to do as I say, okay?" I had no idea where this anger came from, but it seemed to put a little fear in everyone, making them do what I say (or so it seemed), "We're going to work with Padilla's men and take down the person who killed Rachael, Natalie's sister." Gasps spread through the crowd, especially from the women in my community, "And Natalie's gone too," Pure silence, "So are you ready to avenge Natalie and her sister?"

"YEAH!" The all cheered.

"ARE YOU READY!?!" I shouted, pumping them up.

"YEAH!!!" They repeated, this time with more energy.

"NOW GET YOUR BELONGINGS AND WEAPONS!" I demanded, "WE'RE MOVING WEST!" Everyone cheered once again before dispersing and getting packed up. I turned around and smiled at Sam, who in return waved. I don't know what it was, but at the moment, I thought she was really beautiful, with her bow by her side and her short hair blowing in the wind.

I turned around and saw my army huddled up in the center, ready to leave with backpacks slung over their shoulders and weapons in hand. I smiled, proud of my group. I swung my arm in the direction of Anthony's base and shouted, "LET'S GO!

Author's Note: Sorry for this lengthy, boring chapter. Hopefully the next one will be more eventful! Don't forget to give me your feedback! Thanks for reading! -rac06h10ael