[Chapter 10] What's Going To Happen Now

-Rachael's POV-

I stared at Joey, not wanting to believe a word he said. Just then, a shot of pain started on my side and my tattered dress began to stain red.

"What...what do you mean?" I asked him, holding my side helplessly as I lost more and more blood. He noticed my side and tried to cast a healing spell, but it just made it worst. More blood starting coming out. I shrieked as I doubled over in pain.

"Idris...she, she must've put a spell on you so that what happens to Anthony...happens to...you... And I can't seem to heal you."

I fell against the wall, causing the ceiling to crumbled slightly, "God!" I shouted, "Why does she hate me!?!"

"I...I don't know.  You're her daughter, right?"

"Yes! And I'm ashamed of it...AHH!" I fell to the floor and saw Ian and Sam looking back at me.

"R-R-Rachael?" Sam stuttered as she walked towards me. Joey put out his hand and stopped her in her tracks. "What's happening? Why is she so...so..."

"Faint?" Ian finished her sentence.

"Is she going to be okay!?!" She cried to Ian because I don't think Joey wasn't visible to them yet.

I got myself up slowly and Joey supported me, "Where's...where's Anthony?" I asked the two of them weakly.

"He...he went upstairs," Ian answered me, pointing his finger in that direction. I picked up my dress and started to gradually make my way up the stairs. My side hurt more and more with each step I took, and tears fell from my eyes. I was losing consciousness quickly, and knew I needed to do this before I died.

-Anthony's POV-

I crippled to the floor, blood slowly creating a puddle beneath me. I missed my head, and that's only because I gained enough strength to defy the demons that possessed me and instead shot my side.

My eyes closed shut and I remember the times I had with Rachael. And to my dismay, none of them were pleasant. All of them were of her crying in her corner or me hurting her or me forcing her to do things for my pleasure. The only good times I think we had together might've been when we were riding on that horse to attack a town, with her arms wrapped around my front and her head resting on my shoulder.

That's when I saw Rachael, very faint and almost translucent, come up the stairs. I was so confused, I thought she died. Anyways, she looked terrible. I noticed her side was also stained bright red. She stumbled over to me and knelt, more or so fell, beside me.

I slowly raised my hand up to her cheek and wiped away the tear that had fallen from her eye, "I'm...I'm sorry, Rachael," I mumbled through the bitter taste that began to fill my mouth. She wrapped her hand around mine and blinked away the tears that were in her eyes. "I...I just...You stayed with me through everything. All the shit I put you through. Why?" I inquired.

She shook her head and set my hand down on the ground. She leaned over my body and put her hand over my wound. It stung at first, as a warm, yellow orange glow emanated from her hands. But suddenly, that white light getting brighter seemed to go away. The blood gushing from my side stopped. And I didn't feel like I was going to die anymore. She removed her hands and smiled at me. She healed my side, but she didn't look better. I sat up and looked at her, "Why would you do this?"

She was about to respond when she was pulled back by an invisible force.

She didn't scream though, she was too weak. The force manifested behind her and revealed the head witch who I saw on the battlefield earlier. She had a knife in hand and held it in the air. Rachael looked back at her and smirked evilly, "You knew this was going to come, didn't you?"

The woman smiled evilly before driving the kinfe into her chest, right where her heart was. I shrieked as she pulled it out, dropping Rachael to the floor. I rushed over to her body and picked her up in my arms. "Rachael, please. Don't die. You can come back! Like last time!"

She shook her head, "I can't. Not this time, Anthony..."

My throat closed up and I found it hard to breath, the one girl I cared about was dying. In my arms. And there was nothing I could do. "Rachael...I'm sorry. I'm sorry I treated you so bad. And never told you how much you mean to me. What can I do to show you what I never did before?"

She smiled, her eyes twinkling in the moonlight that shown through the windows. "Let Samantha reunite you and Hecox." I nodded my head in understanding, "And...promise me, if we never see each other again, you will remember me when everything's back to normal..."

I gulped, "I'll always remember you."

She took her last breath and closed her eyes, leaning her head back on my leg. Her skin turned a light shade of gray and her red lips turned a pale pink. Rage filled inside of me and I set Rachael down, turning to the woman who killed Rachael. She was leaning against the wall and threw the cigarette she had in her hand out the window, "Alright, now, if you don't mind..."

"YOU KILLED HER!!!" I shouted, pointing at Rachael's dead body.

She shrugged, "It was going to happen anyways...She was more powerful, and she was bound to take power. I couldn't let that happen..."

"You bitch!" I screamed, my fists balling up about to punch her.

"Oh, it's not like you didn't kill her too!" She snapped back before getting in my face, "And anyways, you are nothing without my doing. I was the one who made you who you are today."

I was about to swing my fist at her when I felt someone grab my arm. I looked to my right and saw Ian looking at me with worry on his face. Just then, the woman disappeared and revealed Sam coming up the stairs.

"What happened?" That's when she noticed Rachael's dead body, "Oh..."

My vision blurred by the tears that formed in my eyes, "Sam," I turned towards her, "Tell me what's going to happen now."

-Natalie's POV-

I was walking down the stairs, trying to find Rachael and ask her what happened between her and Idris when I saw Idris appear in the middle of the foyer.

"Mom, where's Rachael?" I asked her, making my way over to her.

She heaved a sigh, "Why do you care?"

"Um, maybe because she's my sister?" I retorted, a little bit of irritation in my voice.

"She's not here. And she's never coming back." And with that, she strutted away from me when Joey came out of the hallway.

"Natalie!" He cried, rushing up to me and grabbing my shoudlers tightly, "She's gone. Like, in hell for good." I was lost at first, and that's when I linked the pieces together. I gasped and started to pace back and forth with Joey continuing, "And you and I need to join the other side and Samantha and Anthony and Ian."

"Help them do what?" I stopped in my tracks.

"Take down Idris."