Midmorning - Checkout

[Name] found Tobirama in the produce section. He was comparing two lettuce heads, determining which one would be the better one to buy. "I got the eggs you needed. And look, none of them are cracked. I'm an excellent egg-getter if I do say so myself." She proudly smiled at Tobirama, hoping he would understand her joke.

He took the eggs out of her hand and put them inside the basket he was carrying with him. "Okay, now be honest with me. Which lettuce head looks nicer? Like, which one would you eat?"

She furrowed her brow and leaned closer to examine the two heads. They both looked too similar to each other, and she couldn't decide. But, knowing Tobirama, she would have to choose one in order to get him to move on.

"Uh... Well... This one is a lot greener. You see, it doesn't have a yellow-tone base. So, it's not as good as this one," she lied. Tobirama nodded.

"Very well. You do your duties well." He put the lettuce in a plastic bag and placed it next to the eggs. "I just need to grab a few more vegetables, and we'll checkout."

There he was, sitting in a cold conference room with the smell of cigarettes and coffee floating around him. Why was he here? Oh yeah. To learn more about properly running a conference when he becomes a CEO. Right...

He was still in his sleeping hoodie, a thin and grey garment that barely shielded him from the cold drafts of the dreaded air conditioner. He despised his brother. He didn't need to be here. He was just sitting in the back on a lounge chair with a cup of lukewarm coffee and a stale, sprinkled doughnut.

He was wasting his time.

"Most of you can tell that my hair products have dramatically hit its high point. Many beauty stars and celebrities recommend my brand, and it was titled 'Number One Hair Product of the Year.' This is a big deal, and I have wanted to expand my branches into doing something else."

Madara was sitting at the head of the conference table, directly facing Izuna in case he did something absurd. At least a dozen people were sitting at the table, facing the wonderful creator of Uchiha hair products.

"What would that be, Mr. Uchiha?" A woman with bright red lipstick and thick eyebrows leaned forward, allowing herself to be noticed by Madara.

He cleared his throat. "Yes, thank you Miss Nakamura. I have decided to release a new branch of hair dye." He pulled back the cover that was hiding the poster of his new hair product. Izuna was the model chosen because he had better locks than the models that were originally chosen.

Izuna cringed at that poster Madara was showing everyone. The photographer wanted him shirtless and looking over his shoulder. Next to his face was the products. Madara made three colors official; Navy Uchiha, which was the exact color as Izuna's natural hair, Bleach Babe, and Sakura. The lab company was still making new colors to sell.

Nakamura sighed lovingly. "Mr. Uchiha, these are so wonderful. And what a creative name!"

The only teenager in the room audibly groaned, and a few of the representatives there looked back. Izuna didn't feel embarrassed by their gaze; in fact, he was more embarrassed by Madara's hair dye name: "Mada-dye." It was so unflattering for their family name, but everyone loved it.

"Thank you, Miss Nakamura. Izuna, my younger brother, is modeling the color Navy Uchiha, and more colors will be released soon."

Nakamura smiled with her gaudy lips. "I will be expecting many good things from you, Mr. Uchiha." She was obviously flirting him, and Madara coughed to break the strange build-up of one-sided romance.

"Of course, I am an Uchiha. I live up to my name."

Izuna coughed as he left the room. The cigarette smoke must have gotten into his system. Madara was behind him, steering him clear of Nakamura. "What happened to your other hair product, that Fuwa Fuwa stuff?"

Madara glanced over his shoulder before responding to Izuna. "That didn't work out in the lab. It was too expensive, and I wasn't going to market it for $230. No one would buy it."

"Hair dye is cheaper?"

"Of course, I make a $50 profit. The Fuwa stuff would only make me a $20 profit."

"And, why would you make a hair dye with our natural color? That doesn't make sense." Izuna didn't want to make a big deal about the room he was in and how awfully cold it was. He knew he would just get lectured.

"Because I knew you wouldn't want to dye your hair for that one-time photoshoot. Now follow me. We need to discuss very important." Madara unlocked a door and revealed a rather large and neat office.

Madara's office looked more like a modern apartment, and it included a mini fridge and flat-screen TV. Izuna blinked before realizing that this was all real. "Woah! Did you get this done? This is so freakin' nice." He ran his hand along the oak bookshelf.

Madara nodded. "Yes, I did. Sit." Izuna sat down at his brother's polished desk.

"I know what you're gonna say." Izuna looked at Madara straight in the eye. Then the sides of his mouth curled. "You're gonna propose to that Nakamura chick."

Madara blushed in embarrassment. "Heavens no! She's awful, and that's not the topic of importance now. It's about [Name]."

Izuna sighed. "That's all you talk about with me, nothing else. What is it?"

"I have made a miniature date for you two. It's in four days. You will somehow persuade [Name] to come with you and model my new colors. I'm sure she won't mind. Tobirama and Hoshimi might be a problem, but they're minor if anything."

"Modeling with her? Am I gonna be shirtless with her? I don't think she'll agree to model with me. Madara, what kind of plan is this?"

"It's simple. She gets free samples while getting her hair and makeup done. Pictures with the one she will marry, and she'll be a featured model. It's a win-win for everyone."

Izuna stood up. "Not really. I don't want to do that. In fact, I'm going to check out now."

Madara followed Izuna as he walked towards the door. "I'm trying to help you, Izuna. Unless you don't want to."

Before his hand reached the doorknob, he looked his brother in the eye. "Madara, if I'm going to [Name]'s future husband, I'm going to earn her heart honestly. I don't need your help."

He opened the door and walked out. The door shut in Madara's face, and he sighed. "Typical. Like every other Uchiha in our family."

​​​​​​​~End: Midmorning - Checkout~

  .:Find Me:.

Instagram: hope.ful_enough

Tumblr: haru-on-land

Quotev: Grey Steele

Ask.fm: Grey_Steele

Line: von_steele

Snapchat: hopeweeabotrash