three

"Bye Nan! Thanks again for the food." I smiled at the petite grey haired lady in front of me. She smiled at me as she began to wipe the counter down.

"Anytime Grace. I'll see you later this week when you come in for work." Her soft yet strong voice spoke. I nodded gratefully at her and began to walk towards the door.

I felt a gush of the cool air nip against my skin as I walked out. It was so warm and cozy inside the little bakery that it felt like someone ripped off a warm blanket I was snuggled up against.

Walking towards the apartment, I felt my phone vibrate. Balancing the container filled with pasteries on one hand, the other slipped out my phone from my back pocket. It was a text from April.

'Where are you? I brought food!'

Looking at the top right corner of my screen, my eyes widen as I realized it was almost eight. I did not spend over an hour at the bakery! But then again, whenever I got to talking with Nan, time flew by quick. Hearing stories of her fun little adventures she had when, as she puts it, "back when I was your age, I remember .." Nan was one crazy twenty something year old back then. Heck, I'm twenty now and I'm still waiting for a mysterious hot guy to appear so I can run off and travel all of Europe with, just like Nan.

Well, maybe at least all of New York. 

If it wasn't for all the pictures or the souvenirs she kept after all these years, I think she'd be lying. But then again her husband is the guy from her story, so that settles that.

Inturrupting my train of thought as April came to mind, I quickly replied back as I quicken my pace a bit.

'Sorry. Got distracted at the bakery, should be home in a few min. BTW I have dessert covered ;)'

I rolled my eyes as I got a reply back from April of heart eye emojis.

Slowing down my pace as I realized I was now on the block of my apartment, I felt the wind pick up slightly again causing a few goosebumps to run up my arms. I knew I should have brought a jacket, but I didn't plan to stay out the whole day. I let out a slight shrudder as my hair whips lightly behind me.

"I hope to hear more of that coming from your pretty little mouth."

"What the fu-" My eyes widen as someone slammed their hand around my mouth and their other arm around my waist and pulled me quickly inside the darken allyway. I tried to squirm my way out of the strangers grip, which caused him to just let out a snort.

"Don't even bother, sweetheart." His voice taunting as he let out a chuckle. I heard a few quiet laughs from more inside the allyway, which caused me to momentarily stop moving. My heart pounding in my ears, as I recognized the guys from earlier as a few of them came out from the shadows. I kept trying to scream and move out of the tight hold I was in. "Enough." He growled as he quickly kicked me from behind causing me to fall on my knees.

I bit down on his hand hard enough, that he let out a yelp, causing him to let go. I screamed as loud as I could, but was cut off after two seconds from a kick going straight to my side. I hissed in pain as I looked up, glaring at the man in front of me who just smirked.

"Fuck. You." I hissed as I tried to crawl backwards, bumping into the brick wall behind me. I winced slightly feeling the bruise forming on my ribs. Oh God, I hope someone heard me. The one who kicked me just let out a laugh.

"As you wish." He smirked at me as my eyes widen. He then looked at the brunette next to him and they both jumped at me. I started to kick so they wouldn't get close to me, it wasn't till I let out a punch that I heard a crunch and a scream. My mouth formed a slight 'o' as I realized that I hit the blonde who kicked me, right in the middle of his face. He spit out blood and glared at me. "You are going to regret you did that." And with that, I felt myself being lifted up from the floor and pinned against the brick wall.