four

It took me a moment to process that I actually wasn't dead. Instead of being met with darkness, I was met with a giant rock?

Breathing hard, I quickly wiped the few tears that escaped from the corner of my eyes. Grateful that I actually wasn't dead, I let out a few whimpers but was cut short as the giant rock started to turn. My eyes widen at the sight of a muscular green arm that was covered with a few leather straps and white wraps. I blinked a few times quickly to process what I was seeing was real. This wasn't a rock.

It was a shell.

Quickly averting my eyes upwards, I held in a gasp as I was met with the brightest blue eyes I've ever seen. My mouth parting slightly, as I realized he wore a blue mask. He was like the other one. Standing up straighter, from the slight crouched position he was in, I realized how much more taller he was than me.

"You're safe now, ma'am." His voice relaxed yet full of authority, surprised me. I looked down as I realized that he held two long swords in his hands. I sucked in a breath as he raised both arms upwards, taking a step back, he let out a chuckle. "Don't worry. I won't hurt you, neither will my brothers." He stated as he slid the two swords behind him and saw it latch on to his back.

Brothers? I turned around quickly as I remembered the red mask one was still behind me, but I let out a scared yelp as I was met with a smiling green face. I looked at him with my mouth open as his orange mask made his clear baby blue eyes stand out.

"Hey dudette! How you feeling? Man, thank shell that Raph heard you scream or well, this would have ende- OUCH!" He yelped as he rubbed the back of his head. My heart raced as I realized it was the one with the red mask, who was glaring down at the one shorter than him. "Raph!" He let out a whine as he looked up at the taller version of himself.

"Shut ya trap before ya say something else stupid, Mikey." He hissed at the smaller one. His deep voice causing a few goosebumps to travel up my arms. Wait, why did- why did both their voices sound familiar? The smaller one just stuck his tongue out at him causing the other one to roll his eyes. "Numbnuts." He mumbled under his breath. Then it hit me.

"Aw angelcakes, you gotta be more careful next time." I heard a teasing voice. What? My eyebrows furrowed together. Did April invite someone over? I leaned in closer to the door with my ear almost pressed up against the door but not quite.

"How da' hell would she have known that the lights woulda gone off, numbnuts." A deep irritated voice spoke. I felt shivers run down my spine at the sound of his voice.

"Enough! Both of you." The same voice from before spoke up inturrupting my thoughts. I turned back around to look at him as he held a piercing gaze at the ones on the left side of me. Brothers. He said brothers before. Is that them? I looked at all three of them, one by one. They were green, with giant shells, and weapons! 'Who are these guys?' I thought as I tried to slow down my breathing. Or should I say what.

"Guys, we're all set here." A new voice spoke up causing to me to jump slightly. It sounded a bit higher than the rest of the other voices. The one with the blue mask moved to the side as another one of them approached. My head tilted slightly as I realized how much more taller he was, compared to the rest. Not as muscular as the rest of the 'brothers' but still pretty built. My brows knitted together as I realized he wore glasses against his purple mask. He had a few gadgets strapped all over him, including some type of goggles resting above his head. How many are there?!

"Good job Donatello." I heard someone say. Donatello? I whipped around quickly to face the one's with the orange and red mask. Brothers. They both looked at me surprised at the sudden quickness I moved in. I eyed them suspiciously as I realized they sounded an awful like the voices I heard yesterday in the aparment.