five

Crossing my legs under me on the brown soft couch, I was listening to April as she filled me in what happen these past few days. I was out for about three days. Apperently, April was walking to the little pharmacy across the street, when she passed by the allyway and noticed a container filled with pasteries on the floor. She said she was going to just keep walking if it wasn't for my long black hobo tote back that she saw a little more inside the allyway.

I frowned slightly when she described the state I was in when she found me. What surprised me the most was the fact that she didn't call the ambulance or the police. She just took me home.

"Why, I don't understand why you- " I started, a bit frustrated at the empty gaps April was leaving in the story.

"I trust Donatello with my life," April cut me off as she closed her eyes. My mouth slightly opening in shock. "He's .. a medic, you can say." Closing my mouth, my jaw clenched slightly. "He knew exactly what to do, to help you." April looked at me with pleading eyes. She didn't want me to question it. I sucked in a deep breath and let it go. I nodded at her as she smiled thankfully, causing me to let out a small smile in return. "That's why I asked you earlier if you remembered anything. You kept telling me to leave you alone, and to shut up, every time we had to wake you up just to make sure you were okay and taking your pain meds." I let out a laugh.

"Okay, my bad about that. But in my defence, I was on meds, so I didn't know what I was doing." I smirked at her as she rolled her eyes. She reached for her cup of hot chocolate while I settled on some Jasmine green tea.

Surprisingly, I wasn't very hungry. There was still one thing on my mind though, that kept bothering me. I didn't really care of April's decision to take me home rather then the hospital, although it was annoying that she kept stuff out on purpose. But maybe it was for a reason? I shook my head from those thoughts, as I reached for my cup of tea. The real question is ..

What happen to the guys who pulled me into the allyway in the first place?

Before I could get to asking April, her phone lit up on the coffee table, flashing a name of Leo, before vibrating vigorously. I raised a brow at her. A hint of red spread across her cheeks as she picked it up. I rolled my eyes.

"You can answer it, you know." I stated, sipping my tea. She smiled shyly at me as she answered her cell while walking towards her room. Letting out a sigh, I decided it be best to forget everything tonight and just relax.

Setting my tea back on the coffee table, I grabbed one of the many neatly folded blankets under the coffee table and threw it next to me as I reached for the remote that was next to the glass jar with an unlit candle inside. I smiled at the memory as I remembered the time when April and I had the candle lit all the time. We thought it was a very nice center piece and thought it was classy, till we kept breaking the glass each time we had to scrub the melted candle wax off the glass jar. So we decided to just let it be, and only light it up on special occasions such as birthdays and holidays.

I leaned back onto the couch, and pushed the power button on the remote. Frowning after a few seconds, I tried again. I looked at the remote confused till it hit me.

"Batteries." I said to myself as I sighed. I got up from the couch and walked towards the flat screen tv. Pushing a button on the side of the tv, the screen lit up instantly. Crouching down on my knees, I opened one of the cabinets from the tv stand and looked for the pack of batteries we kept.

"If anyone has any information for the whereabouts of Marco Wells, please call the toll free number or contact the police immedietly." I let out a slight hum as I realized April must have left it on the news channels again. No surprise.