ten

Four days. 

It's been four days since my encounter with Raphael.

I ran a hand through my messy locks as I let out a sigh. 

I swear if it wasn't for April bombarding me with questions the next morning, I most likely would have convinced my self that I dreamt up the whole thing. 

Shifting my eyes towards the window, I glanced at the night sky and city lights before averting my gaze towards the empty cup of coffee on my blanket covered legs.

Sucking my lower lip in, I shook my head to myself. How could he just disappear like that? Does he hate me that much just for asking about his brothers? His name? Was he always like that or was it just towards me?

My brows knitted together as I thought about how that night ended with Raphael.

My name is Raphael.'  He stated as he gave me a skeptical look. I felt the corner of my mouth slightly lift up as I stared up at him. 

'Grace. My name is Grace.' He nodded his head once at me before looking back up towards the sky. Confused as to why he occasionally kept looking up, I tilted my head upwards as well, and my eyes widen when I saw a dark silhouette at the edge of the roof.

'Is that your-'

'I have to go. I wasn't even-" He cut himself off, his deep voice laced with anger and annoyance. He looked at me once, before retreating deeper into the alleyway towards the shadows.

'Raphael, wait!' I don't know what took over me as I reached my hand forward towards his arm. As if my touch had scorched his skin, he rapidly pulled away. 'I-I'm sorry. I just wanted to know if-' I stopped myself right there as I looked down blinking rapidly a few times. What am I doing?

'If what? If you'd ever see me again?' I looked up at him as I heard him let out a snort. Was he really making fun of me right now? I glared at him. He smirked as he noticed the state I was in before his eyes narrowed at me. 'Move on, princess. This ain't the start of a friendship.'

I let out a frustrated sigh as I leaned my head back on the couch. Squeezing my eyes shut, I didn't realize I was on the verge of crying till an involuntary whimper escaped my lips as  I opened my eyes and a single tear slipped out.

Sniffling, I put the empty cup on the coffee table and brought my knees to my chest. Laying my head on my knees. I began to cry. 

Why did I have to go out that day? Why did those guys have to attack me? What did I do wrong? 

'What did I do to deserve this?" I cried out as my voice cracked.  As much as it hurt to let it out and think about it, the pain felt so good. So relieved to let it go. I let out a cry as I thought about how it could have ended. How that grimy brunette just grabbed me like I was nothing but a rag doll. 

Laying down to my side, I stuffed my face in the blanket as gut wrenching sobs tore from my chest. I couldn't believe- I just never thought something like that would happen to me. I was angry, I was hurt. 

I was tired. 

---

I let out a soft groan as I shifted to the side slightly. Slowly fluttering my eyes open, I let out a quiet hiss at the light. Crap. Fell asleep on the couch. Closing them again, I took a deep breath and let it out through my nose getting comfortable once more as I slipped in and out of consciousness. 

That was till I heard a familiar quiet voice speaking. 

"I know Donatello, It's just that -" My eyes snapped open at the name being mentioned. It can't be. Turning my head to the side, I shifted my gaze towards April's room, whose door was wide open.