Never Neverland

Prologue...

Long ago when children dreamed, there was a place called Neverland. Filled with action, mystery, natives, legends, and mystical creatures. But since It, the Island, appeared everything has been different. Children have stopped dreaming as much, their growing up. Metal cogs can be heard from the Island, strange noises always explode from it. Smoke seems to fill the air around it, the waters are black except at the bottom. Where colors such as grey, green, yellow, and red glow and seem to pulse with life.

Neverland soon became Never Neverland, as children stopped telling stories and believing in them. Even Peter Pan had crawled into his hideaway along with his fellow lost boys. Captain James Hook had disappeared one day along with his crew and ship, the day the island appeared. The Natives had been frightened into hiding in caves and underground communities. The Mermaids never should themselves to anyone unless they absolutely needed to. Even the Pixies hid most left for a better place or hid in trees, bushes, or mushrooms.

Only the daring or brave walked out in the open, more like the Gifted. A new race had appeared on the Never Neverland, a few days after the Island arrived. They were odd people who looked like adults, teenagers, even children. They were a mix between the Natives and the Newcomers, their skin wasolivey by not dark like the Natives. They had an assortment of hair colors the oddest the land had ever seen. Some were golden blond others had long black hair. The odd ones had hair of silver, magenta, blue, green an even some had the colors of the rainbow. Their eyes varied from shocking blue, to calming green, some were deep chocolate brown. Others were white, gray, some were light pink, but the oddest were the ones with eyes like the sunset. Or the moving ocean, some like the sand, others like the forest, even some like fire, wind, lightning, storm clouds, clear days and even more.

They often carried multiple weapons on their person, even on their pets. They wore leather, animal pelts, or armor, but their armor was made up of something no others were. Elements, some were a lit by fire, or covered in water, guarded by earth, clouded over by the sky. They were graceful, like predators, but they did not act like predators. Unless provoked. Their hunting skills were astonishing, they moved with a deadly swiftness, they moved through the forest as if they were part of it. They swam in the ocean like a shark, they could swing from tree to tree. They could throw a spear 300 ft away, they were deadly in close or far away. Their speed increased by every punch and kick they threw or by simple raw emotion.

One thing was that their beauty was unrivaled, for some their hideousness was their weapon. But for certain these new people were deadly, in every way, shape, and or form.

The sound of drums awoke me from my dreams, along with the smell of breakfast. I sighed and sat up blinded by the sun I groaned. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I flung my fur blanket off. I crossed my legs sighing once more I heaved myself off of my cot. I walked slowly over to the water bowl, I yawned running an animal hair comb through my mated hair. I looked at the water carefully, I smiled and concentrated raising the water up to a flat board. It froze as I narrowed my eyes, I smirked and starred at my reflection. I tilted my head to the side starring at the girl in the mirror.

I had long hair that swung down past my hips, today it was a light shade of pink at the top, the middle was magenta, then the tips were a rich purple. My eyes matched, but they moved with an unexciting breeze making them easily hypnotizing. I brushed strands out of my face starring at my perfectly proportioned lips. My olive toned skin glistened, I tilted my head. To look at the long scar across my neck, from my first mission. I was attacked by a large multi-colored beast, with a tauntingly cute face. I had crawled up to close to it, it sprung on me. One of its claws made a small scratch at my neck, making me wear a bandage for a week.

I lifted my hand making the water melt, then move to a longer board. I starred at my curved body, and the small tattoos that seemed so easily hidden to unknowing eyes. A small circle around my belly button was surrounded by signs of the elements. A rock for earth, a flame for fire, a water droplet for water, a lightning bolt and cloud for lightning and thunder, and last a ball of air to represent wind. A small abstract tattoo was hidden at the bottom of my back. It curved and twisted looking as if it went on forever, it was a dark blue color. A small claw was hidden on the inside of my right forearm. I starred intently at the mark I had been given as a child, it was hidden by my curly hair it was hidden on the side of my head slightly behind my left ear . I had no idea what it was but it was something small yet big. "Important" my mother had said to me when she saw the mark after I came out of the clan leaders tent.